Is there any in-built mechanism or suggestion for best detection selection within the same track?

Hi, i am currently using the nvTracker plugin to track my detection. Is there any in-built method or suggestion to extract the best detection in a given track ?

Do you mean detection confidence or track confidence? Can you share more about your use case? So I can understand your requirement and give advice.

Hi kesong, i understand that the track and detection confidence can be extracted from nvdsobjectmeta by adding a probe at the nvtracker element. The use case is to send a detection for a given track to perform further task beyond the deepstream pipeline. Instead of sending the latest detection for a given track periodically, we are interested to selectively choose a best detection (this best detection may not be the latest detection) to send. May I know if there is a way we can extract the past detections used for the current track and/or any mean to select the best detection (can be based on detection/track confidence or other measures if any) from them. Thanks.

No, but you can buffer the detection and select the best one in your application.

How can i buffer the detection ? Will i be able to store the nvdsobjectmeta persistently ?

I think you can buffer everything your are interested. But you need to copy and then release gstbuffer to pipeline.

Do you mean to create a NvDsUserMeta containing the information that i am interest and attach it to track’s NvDsObjectMeta ?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

No, I mean you copy the meta data which you are interest into your own buffer. So you can search it later.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.