Is there any way to check the reason for a segmentation fault?

Hi @DaneLLL,

Thanks for the follow up. Since my code is a continuation of the nice work of @kassian (published here Python USB Camera Deepstream 5.0 Sample with Multiple Cameras?) I have no problems to share it too. It is basically a merge of your one USB camera sample and the multi RTSP input sample with some changes to enable capturing of image/jpeg.

• Install a fresh system from the latest development SD image which you provide for download (jp45) on a Jetson Nano 4G development kit device
  • I started (as I’m used to do that) with sudo update && sudo upgrade -y
  • Install DeepStream SDK following your own guides (Note: Don’t change to r32.4 main, leave it as r32.5 main - this is what I did)
  • Install your Python sample apps as linked above.

This code works perfect on an earlier SD image (jp44), but crashes immediately with segmentation fault once more than one camera is used simultaneously.

I didn’t double check my results with JP45 again, since I returned to JP44. I hope you can confirm.

On the way to install the python samples I had to sudo chown 777 -R /opt in order to gain myself RW access to /opt.

Please find my config.txt and the inference.py python3 script here:

https://gist.github.com/neilyoung/4b01fb504b9ae1af3d701531911bf3ab

Extract both files into a new subdirectory at the same level as all the python sample apps reside, so e.g. to

deepstream_python_apps/tree/master/apps/three-cams

Then run

python3 inference.py /dev/video0 /dev/video1 /dev/video2

You might need to adapt the video URIs to your situation. Please choose the device(s), which support image/jpeg capture or you need to change the source bin configuration. I was not able to make three USB cams working while capturing YUV due to the known USB bus congestion problems on a Jetson Nano. Cameras are of this brand, three devices. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07GSS4LT5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me know, if something is unclear and if I can help. I don’t want to be fixed to an outdated version, for sure.

Regards