Is there official distribution for libnvargus.so with fixed memory corruption?

Hello,

We are running a multicamera system and have hit segfaults in libnvargus.so.

I tried a patched libnvargus from the following post, and it appears to have fixed the memory issues:

Is this patched version of libnvargus available through an official distribution channel?

Thank you,
Alan

hello aeneev,

yes, that’s check-in to rel-35 code-line.
please expect next JP-5.x public release will also include the bug fixes.

Hi JerryChang,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there an ETA for the JP-5.x release?
Do you happen to have a list of other fixes that are implemented in the next public release?
With more testing I ran into a segfault in libnvscf.so and wonder if that should be fixed too.

Thank you,
Alan

hello aeneev,

the roughly ETA for next JP-5.x public release, (i.e. Jetpack-5.1.3) will be Q1/2024.
there’ll be release note to list bug fixes for each release. for example, Release Notes (35.4.1).

1 Like

Thank you JerryChang,

In the meantime while we are waiting for the next public 5.x release, do you think you could share fixed .so libraries we could test our application with?

So far I have libnvargus.so from topic 268519 and libnvscf.so from topic 269543.

-Alan

hello aeneev,

you may based-on those two binary update to have more testing.
if possible, please also share the test results for reference.

Hi JerryChang,

We observed the following issue with libnvargus.so from topic 268519 I referred to earlier.

With this library, the value of Argus::ICameraProperties::getModuleString() is the same for all of the cameras we use.

With the stock libnvargus.so shipped with Jetpack 5.1.2, the cameras report correct module strings, different for all cameras.

CC @jbreiden FYI.

Thank you,
Alan

hello aeneev,

getModuleString() it’s checking device tree property values.
may I know what’s your sensor device tree settings, especially those properties within tegra-camera-platform{}.

Hi,

Here is tergra-camera-platform section from $ dtc -I fs /sys/firmware/devicetree/base:
device-tree-tegra-camera-platform.txt (4.8 KB)

Thank you,
Alan

those DT settings looks correct, could you please execute nvargus_nvraw --lps and sharing the results.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.