Is there support for CUDA in any RTOS?

Only option as far as I can tell is RT Linux, and even that is not official. Doesn’t seem to be support for VXWORKS, WINCE or anything similar.

I wanted to make sure that I’m not missing anything, and if anyone has any experience with running CUDA under RT Linux (i.e how real time and deterministic is the CUDA part?)

Thanks

Only option as far as I can tell is RT Linux, and even that is not official. Doesn’t seem to be support for VXWORKS, WINCE or anything similar.

I wanted to make sure that I’m not missing anything, and if anyone has any experience with running CUDA under RT Linux (i.e how real time and deterministic is the CUDA part?)

Thanks

I think RT Linux is not supported – at least for the earlier version. I tried to compile the driver for RT kernel (a few modifications needed) but the driver keeps crashing randomly. You can just try to install the latest 260 driver to see if that’s working.

I think RT Linux is not supported – at least for the earlier version. I tried to compile the driver for RT kernel (a few modifications needed) but the driver keeps crashing randomly. You can just try to install the latest 260 driver to see if that’s working.

There is support for linux distributions that have been patched to become real time.

There is support for linux distributions that have been patched to become real time.

I run RT audio with a buffersize of 64 samples at a samplerate of 96 kHz, no X server(!) This is rocksolid on a GT220 with kernel 2.6.31.6-rt19 and driver 195.36.15 … audio output is triplebuffered for a total latency of 2 ms. Reliable performance is about 70% of what can otherwise be achieved under more relaxed conditions. Lowering buffersize to 32 drops reliable performance even further to below 50%

I run RT audio with a buffersize of 64 samples at a samplerate of 96 kHz, no X server(!) This is rocksolid on a GT220 with kernel 2.6.31.6-rt19 and driver 195.36.15 … audio output is triplebuffered for a total latency of 2 ms. Reliable performance is about 70% of what can otherwise be achieved under more relaxed conditions. Lowering buffersize to 32 drops reliable performance even further to below 50%