Isaac ROS Mission Client Fails when running isaac_ros_yolov8

I am trying to run Isaac ros mission client with navigation stack using https://github.com/NVIDIA-ISAAC-ROS/nova_carter/tree/main/carter_navigation repo and object detection - yolov8 using https://github.com/NVIDIA-ISAAC-ROS/isaac_ros_object_detection/tree/main/isaac_ros_yolov8 repo.

If both process are running at the same time, all missions set on mission dispatch fails. But mission dispatch works independently.

I am running this stack on Nova Carter.

Any suggestion on how to fix or workaround?.

Hi @kannan3

Thank you for your message. We will investigate the issue you reported regarding Nova Carter.
I will report soon as possible

Best,
Raffaello

If you don’t run YOLOv8, do the missions succeed by any chance? When you run this on Nova Carter, you send a mission from Mission Dispatch and it immediately gets back mission failed? Could you attach any logs from Mission Dispatch and from your ROS graph when you can?

Thanks @hemals for taking a look at this issue. Just running the navigation with mission client enables seems to be working (most of the time), all the missions are getting succeeded.

When I am starting the yolov8 detection stack, within few seconds the ongoing mission are failing. The nav stack keep logging the below message continuously.

command: 
$ cd /workspaces/isaac_ros-dev &&    source install/setup.bash &&   [281/281]nch carter_navigation nav2.launch.py map_yaml_file:=./box_map.yaml launch_mission_client:=True

[nice-10] [INFO] [1714713911.097952575] [global_costmap.global_costmap]: Message Filter dropping message: frame 'back_2d_lidar_driver' at time 1714713910.696 for reason 'the timestamp on the message is earlier than all the data in the transform cache'
[nice-10] [INFO] [1714713911.189954812] [global_costmap.global_costmap]: Message Filter dropping message: frame 'front_2d_lidar_driver' at time 1714713910.787 for reason 'the timestamp on the message is earlier than all the data in the transform cache'
[nice-10] [INFO] [1714713911.196915868] [global_costmap.global_costmap]: Message Filter dropping message: frame 'back_2d_lidar_driver' at time 1714713910.798 for reason 'the timestamp on the message is earlier than all the data in the transform cache'
[nice-10] [INFO] [1714713911.288900922] [global_costmap.global_costmap]: Message Filter dropping message: frame 'front_2d_lidar_driver' at time 1714713910.889 for reason 'the timestamp on the message is earlier than all the data in the transform cache'

I have other application that are getting deployed with these. But at this point without navigation using mission dispatch, I am not able to proceed on development. Let me know any more logs is needed.

Attached the tf2 graph while all the applications are running.
frames_2024-05-03_11.34.19.pdf (21.7 KB)

Hi @hemals @Raffaello I am trying to setup a demo next week with Nova carter. currently I am running against time to complete the development. Any pointers or help is much appreciated at this point.