Isaac SDK on Xavier NX

I recently acquired a Xavier NX Dev Kit (P3668-0001), and have been struggling to run examples from the Isaac SDK (2020.1) on the device. From what I can gather on the JetPack download page and the SDK Manager, only JetPack 4.4 is compatible with the NX. However, I notice that the Isaac SDK only includes the packages_jetpack43 directory, and it seems that there’s no way to deploy to a target with JetPack 4.4. If I attempt to deploy and run the examples anyway, I get the following error message on the NX:

2020-06-22 11:25:20.305 ERROR engine/alice/components/Codelet.cpp@229: Component ‘_check_operating_system/isaac.alice.CheckOperatingSystem’ of type ‘isaac::alice::CheckOperatingSystem’ reported FAILURE:
‘/etc/nv_tegra_release’ does not start with ‘# R32 (release), REVISION: 3.1’. Please flash L4T using Jetpack 4.3.
2020-06-22 11:25:20.305 ERROR engine/alice/backend/event_manager.cpp@42: Stopping node ‘_check_operating_system’ because it reached status ‘FAILURE’

Is there a workaround to using Isaac on the Xavier NX at this point?

The current release Isaac SDK 2020.1 is compatible with JetPack 4.3. The next release will support JetPack 4.4

1 Like

Hi do you have a roadmap for the next Isaac release ?

August we will release SDK with JetPack 4.4 support

Hi! May I know when we can expect the next release of Isaac with JetPack 4.4 support? I am eagerly awaiting to use Isaac on my Xavier NX.

Try the JetPack 4.4 Developer Preview, which has support for the NX.

1 Like