Isaac Sim App Selector freeze

Hi,
After a total refresh of my computer, the first program that I wanted to use was Isaac Sim on Omniverse. I therefore updated my Nvidia driver and the nvidia-container-toolkit and then proceed to the install of Isaac Sim thanks to the Omniverse AppImage. The install can complete but when I try to launch it, this is what I get :

I am running it on Arch Linux in a gnome environment. I precise that Isaac Sim was running well before the total refresh of the computer on Arch Linux but in a MATE environment. Can someone please help me on this ? Is there a driver that I maybe forgot to install or can it be because of gnome ? Something else ? I precise that I want to run it locally and not in Headless WebSocket/Kit Remote mode.

Thanks for taking the time to read me, looking forward to your responses :)

Update : After trying to uninstall and to install again, I have noticed that the last step which has post.sh in its name is rapidly done while it used to take more time the previous times I installed it on my older computer version. Can this be linked to the problem ?

1 Like

Hi there, seems like I’ve got the same problem. Did you by chance find a solution?

Hi. Isaac Sim is currently supported on Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04.

Update : After trying to uninstall and to install again, I have noticed that the last step which has post.sh in its name is rapidly done while it used to take more time the previous times I installed it on my older computer version. Can this be linked to the problem ?

This may not be related. If you have installed Isaac Sim successfully or have run the post install script, uninstalling it may not have remove the shader cache. The next install and run of the same version of Isaac Sim is quicker because the shader cache have been generated.

@yan.mtx , @yvessa . Are you guys still having the issue?

Hi, unfortunately yes.

@yvessa, Did you look at the previous comment from Sheikh about the Isaac Sim support versions?