Isaac Sim first run error using AWS [updated]

Hello,

I’m installing Isaac Sim on ‘AWS Service’ as a beginner following the AWS requirements.

Though I followed literally the procedure of the Isaac Sim docs, there are several problems.

Problem 1
When I connect to the Nucleus server as the step 9 below:

1. To access the Nucleus server from a web browser, go to http://<ip_address_of_instance>:8080 .

Note

• Use admin/admin as the default username/password for logging in.

The screen shows like this, there is nothing, I don’t know is it ok:

Problem 2
When Isaac Sim is executed as the step 10 below:

1. Start Isaac Sim with WebSocket livestream mode:

$ ./isaac-sim.headless.websocket.sh --allow-root

The following errors are displayed repeatedly:

Problem 3
And at the end of console output there is an error for Nucleus:

And the first screen, there is a warning window:

And several ‘Isaac Examples’ do not work well.

Console output attached:
console output.txt (57.2 KB)

Problem 4

After I changed the docker run option as below to remove ‘–rm’ and add ‘–restart unless-stopped’ to resume the container after rebooting:

sudo docker run --name isaac-sim --entrypoint bash -it --gpus all -e “ACCEPT_EULA=Y” --restart unless-stopped --network=host
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/ov:/root/.cache/ov:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/glcache:/root/.cache/nvidia/GLCache:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/cache/computecache:/root/.nv/ComputeCache:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/logs:/root/.nvidia-omniverse/logs:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/config:/root/.nvidia-omniverse/config:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/data:/root/.local/share/ov/data:rw
-v ~/docker/isaac-sim/documents:/root/Documents:rw
nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac-sim:2021.2.1

At the end of the console output the error in Problem 2 disappeared:

The changed console output after resuming the container:
console output2.txt (17.4 KB)

But, other warning window appears, and several ‘Isaac Examples’ still do not work:

Thanks,

Hi,

1. Use this workaround to change the mount url if you are using the Nucleus in Isaac Sim container. Known Issue: Error checking Isaac Sim Assets - #3 by Sheikh_Dawood
  2. The errors can be ignored. Known Issues — Omniverse Robotics documentation
  3. This can be ignored after doing the workaround in #1. Known Issue: Error checking Isaac Sim Assets
  4. Should be fixed with #1 and #3.
1 Like

Hi, Thanks!

The problems are now resolved by your method!

Here is the procedure:

I did the suggested solution: Known Issue: Error checking Isaac Sim Assets - #3 by Sheikh_Dawood as below:

If you are working in a docker container you may not be able to make the changes from Nucleus Web UI. In this case, you can modify the ``/isaac-sim/installers/nucleus/Nucleus/omni.server.app.config.json` file and replace line 292 with:

"options": "{\"timeout\": 600, \"host\":\"d28dzv1nop4bat.cloudfront.net\",\"service\":\"s3\",\"secure\":false,\"redirection\":\"https://d28dzv1nop4bat.cloudfront.net\"}",

Note: The line above should be done before the step 8 below in the guide:

1. The line above, the same pro. The screen in Problem 1 is shown as the same and the other screens are
    Start Cache and Nucleus in the Isaac Sim container:

FYI: The container do not have yet a text editor. So vim or vi app should be installed before the modification.

The Necleus web screen is correct now:

Here is the succeeded console output:
console output.odt (31.2 KB)

And the ‘Isaac Example’ works well, here is the nice screen of RoboParty example:

Thanks!

Tip: After the following log shows, sometimes several minutes are needed to complete the start of Isaac Sim:

[52.338s] app started

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.