Isaac SIM in omniverse not launching

To see the current version, click the “User” icon on the top right of Omniverse Launcher then slect “About”.
If there is a notification in the “Bell” icon, you may see that there is an update. To update, restart the Omniverse Launcher.

It is in 1.2.8 and there are no updates.

Sorry about that. 1.2.10 have not been released to production yet.

@krishnavadithya Do you still have the launcher issue? Can you run Isaac Sim from launcher?

@ltorabi
I still have the launcher issue

I have the same launcher issues, was working fine and then this started to happen:
2021-08-10 16:38:51 [89ms] [Error] [carb.scripting-python.plugin] TypeError: launch_app() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘app_version’

At:
/home/kimate-razer/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.1.1/exts/omni.isaac.app.launcher/omni/isaac/app/launcher/create_launcher.py(70): on_startup
/home/kimate-razer/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.1.1/kit/plugins/bindings-python/omni/ext/impl/_internal.py(141): _startup_ext
/home/kimate-razer/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.1.1/kit/plugins/bindings-python/omni/ext/impl/_internal.py(174): startup_all_extensions_in_module
/home/kimate-razer/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.1.1/kit/plugins/bindings-python/omni/ext/impl/_internal.py(225): startup_all_extensions_in_module
PythonExtension.cpp::startup()(2):

2021-08-10 16:38:51 [89ms] [Error] [omni.ext.plugin] [ext: omni.isaac.app.launcher-1.0.0] Failed to process python module extension in ‘/home/kimate-razer/.local/share/ov/pkg/isaac_sim-2021.1.1/exts/omni.isaac.app.launcher/.’.

Changing to isaac_sim-2021.1.1/isaac-sim.sh - does work though

Changing to as in?
I am running isaac_sim-2021.1.1

I believe this error will be fixed in the next Launcher release. Please try running Isaac Sim directly with isaac-sim.sh for now.

Launcher have been updated to version 1.2.13 today. Please do an update and restart Omniverse Launcher.

i have the same issue that can not launch isaacsim on omniverse, here is my log, thanks
kit_20210909_205515.log (66.0 KB)

@fzg7919 From the logs, it looks like a GPU is not detected. Have you installed the drivers?

yes, i have; here is the driver info;
narwal@narwal-MS-7C99:~/codes/robokit_dev_env/melodic$ nvidia-smi
Fri Sep 10 18:21:45 2021
±----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 470.63.01 Driver Version: 470.63.01 CUDA Version: 11.4 |
|-------------------------------±---------------------±---------------------+
| GPU Name Persistence-M| Bus-Id Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan Temp Perf Pwr:Usage/Cap| Memory-Usage | GPU-Util Compute M. |
| | | MIG M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
| 0 NVIDIA GeForce … Off | 00000000:01:00.0 On | N/A |
| 0% 39C P8 21W / 290W | 92MiB / 7973MiB | 19% Default |
| | | N/A |
±------------------------------±---------------------±---------------------+

| Processes: |
| GPU GI CI PID Type Process name GPU Memory |
| ID ID Usage |
|=============================================================================|
| 0 N/A N/A 967 G /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg 22MiB |
| 0 N/A N/A 1860 G /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg 67MiB |

That drivers and amount of VRAM looks OK.
Do you see the same issue running other apps like Create.
Looks like you are on kernel version 5.11. Which OS are you on? We currently support Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04.

Sorry. The latest Ubuntu 20.04 is on Kernel 5.11. That should be fine.
Can I have more details on you setup, please? Do you have a display monitor connected to that GPU?

okay, thanks! that is solved. but i have the new problem, i can not upload folder to my host nucleus server, just upload file, it is the bug of low version, the version of my Nucleus is 2021.2.1 ? how should i fix it ? thans for helping

Hi,
I have AMD ryzen 9 5900hx, Nvidia RTX 3080 with 32GB ram. The only difference is that i am using vmware virtual machine. I attach this log file.
If there is problem to define nvidia graphic card in virtual machine, what can i do about it?kit_20210912_045227.log (64.0 KB)

@fzg7919 Yes, looks like click and drag works for uploading a folder but not using the right-click Upload menu. I’ll check with the Nucleus/Web team.
Uploading a folder should work in Isaac Sim or Create.

@morteza.dianatfar We recommend using the headless livestream mode when running Isaac Sim on a headless VM. Run

./isaac-sim.headless.websocket.sh

See:
https://docs.omniverse.nvidia.com/app_isaacsim/app_isaacsim/setup.html#isaac-sim-headless-app-via-websockets