iSCSI DrivePX2

Drive PX 2 AutoChauffeur (P2379) with 4.1.8.0 Beta 3.0.

I want it to be an iSCSI initiator for network storage.

I’m unable to successfully install the package, open-iscsi

A .pid file is missing and I get an error about missing resources when trying to launch the service.

I’ve seen a few cases of the exact same issue but haven’t seen a clear solution.

Ultimately. I need my device to be an iSCSI initiator. How can I do this?

Dear cimig,

We’ll check and update you. Thanks.

Dear cimig,

Unfortunately we do not support iSCSI explicitly in the PDK. You would need to follow standard instructions to enable iSCSI in the kernel and the PDK docs on rebuilding the kernel for the DPX2 platform. Thanks.

Ok, I will look into what kernel modifications need to be made. Could you tell me or point me to instructions for how to compile and build the kernel?

Dear cimig,

Could you please refer to the following link for you question? Thanks.
Compiling the Kernel (NVIDIA DRIVE Linux)
https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/NVIDIA%2520DRIVE%2520Linux%2520SDK%2520Development%2520Guide%2FSystem%2520Programming%2Fsys_programming_kernel_toolchain.html

Thanks Steve,

Is there documentation on how to clone a PX2?

Basically, we have a PX2 with a kernel that has already been built to do what we need.

How do we “clone” that PX2 or copy everything off of it for flashing to another PX2?

Dear cimig,

There is no documentation for your topic.
But at a high level the way to do this is to “tar” the RFS from the target and copy to the host. If you want to flash to another target

1. Move <PDK_install_dir>/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs to somewhere else
  2. Untar the rfs you copied from the target into this <PDK_install_dir>/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs directory
  3. Flash normally