Isr sample produces black image

I just got the NGX SDK and tried out the isr sample. I was able to build and run without errors, but the resulting images are always black. I’ve tried different images (including the sample images that came with the sdk) at different factors and while the results are the correct dimensions, they are always solid black. Am I missing something obvious?

• NGX SDK 1.1
  • Windows 10 64bit (19041.508)
  • Visual Studio 2019 (Windows SDK 10.0.18362.0)
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
3 Likes

Working fine for me on a 2080 Ti.

Same here on a 3090. Possible the old cuda version is not compatible with our new cards.

1 Like

Ditto Here,
Same Setup, Same result.

Maybe the new cards.
Hoping they release a patch soon

1 Like

Also having the same issue with my RTX3090, images come out black.

Nvidia will need to patch the SDK as i am not sure why it is not functioning for 30XX cards.

Same problem here - RTX3080, tried MSDEV 2019 & 2017, Win10 Home x64, NGX SDK 1.1. Install, uninstall, reinstall. Looking forward to news/updates - thanks.

same with RTX 3060 ti…
debugging says: Exception thrown at 0x00007FFABCDFD759 in isr.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: deep_upscaling::CudnnInternalError at memory location 0x000000732F0F4C70.
The thread 0x272c has exited with code 0 (0x0).

also when i try the VSR Sample it fails too:

Session Initialization Time: 30 ms
Working on Frame: 0 NGX Failure:  -1160773632 In function, CNGXVideoSR::InitializeVideoSR In file, c:\programdata\nvidia corporation\nvidia ngx sdk\1.1\samples\ngx samples\ngx vsr sample\cngxvideosr.h at line, 118

That line is:
void InitializeVideoSR(uint32_t Width, uint32_t Height, uint32_t Scale)
{ …
CK_NGX(NVSDK_NGX_CUDA_CreateFeature(NVSDK_NGX_Feature_VideoSuperResolution, m_pParams, &m_hVideoSR));
… }

is that the same issue or did i do something wrong here?

Same issue with 3090 rendering black. Looking forward to the SDK update.

same issue here.

I have a similar issue related to VSR.
Using VS2019 with the v140 compatibility mode a rtx 3080 and get this error:

vsr.exe --input input.mp4 --factor 2 --output out.mp4
NVIDIA NGX VSR Sample
[INFO ][03:22:02] Media format: QuickTime / MOV (mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2)
Session Initialization Time: 13 ms
Working on Frame: 0 NGX Failure:  -1160773632 In function, CNGXVideoSR::InitializeVideoSR In file, g:\g drive\nvidia\ngx sdk\samples\ngx samples\ngx vsr sample\CNGXVideoSR.h at line, 118
Session Deinitialization Time: 6 ms

I think it is because the SDK was designed for CUDA version 10.0 wherever 30 series cards have CUDA v11.2.

1 Like

Hi friends I think the SDK has been replaced with the Video Effects SDK

Which has support for GeForce RTX 30 and RTX 20 Series, TITAN RTX, and Quadro RTX GPUs

Hi, did you get the Video Effects SDK? Still says “approval pending”…

You can try this before you will get approved.

ive already read that but it says that i need to run the SDK Installer and for that i need to get approved or did i misunderstand something here? how can i get the Broadcast-VFX-SDK to work? i want to upscale some videos :(

Please describe your steps.
So I can see what you have done.

well, i havent really done anything cause the Documentation says: Note: To download the models and runtime dependencies required by the features, you need to run the SDK Installer.
That made me think that i need to wait till i get approved anyways… or am i wrong?

You need to download the whole repository or clone it.
Then you need to edit the run.bat in the samples/UpscalePipelineApp folder.
For example the following run.bat is good FYI !!!

SETLOCAL
SET PATH=%PATH%;..\external\opencv\bin;
UpscalePipelineApp.exe --in_file=YOUR_SOURCE_VIDEO_IN_THIS_FOLDER.mp4 --ar_strength=0 --upscale_strength=0 --resolution=1080 --progress --out_file=YOUR_OUTPUT_VIDEO_IN_THIS_FOLDER.mp4

And this are the command line arguments.
–in_file= input file to be processed
–out_file= output file to be written
–show display the results in a window
–ar_strength=(0|1) strength of artifact reduction filter (0: conservative, 1: aggressive, default 0)
–upscale_strength=(0 to 1) strength of upscale filter (float value between 0 to 1)
–resolution= the desired height of the output
–out_height= the desired height of the output
–model_dir= the path to the directory that contains the models
–codec= the fourcc code for the desired codec (default “H264”)
–progress show progress
–verbose verbose output
–debug print extra debugging information

1 Like

And if you still don’t understand, then I’m sorry I can’t help you any further.

i have already tried that but if i edit the bat file and try it with my sample video nothing happens… same with the other already given samples…

ok then I can unfortunately not help you either sorry