Issue exporting to USD with Cesium plug in

Hello. I am attempting to export a simple world with Ceisum plug-in enabled and a Cesium world loaded to a USD file to work collaboratively with my mates via Omniverse Nucleus. However, only local tiles (nearby relative to player) of the world appeared. I suspect the underlying issue is that Cesium streams their tiles and assets as a resource optimization feature, if I’m not mistaken. Are there any work arounds to this? Or any upcoming updates for tighter Cesium integration with OV? Hopefully there is a solution that also maintains the streaming capabilities, not just exporting the entire world.

Cheers!

Hi @user113205 - and thank you for joining the forum! You are also invited to chat with community users on our official Discord: NVIDIA Omniverse

I will check with the team on this issue and report back here with any new info - thanks again for sharing it!

For those that have not seen the latest news on Cesium:

Podcast: Collaboration with NVIDIA Omniverse – Cesium

Cheers,
Edmar

P.S. We are constantly adding new tutorials and aggregate them all in the “learn” tab on the launcher (also see: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-omniverse-tutorials).

he / him | LinkedIn | Discord ID: Prof E#2041
Omniverse: “A New Era of Collaboration and Simulation” (video)
Omniverse Create’s latest features show & tell: Twitch livestream.
As seen in VentureBeat | Physics Showcase

Omniverse Resources:
Open Beta | Documentation | Tech Requirements | Videos | Roadmap | Twitter | Discord | Twitch

PLEASE NOTE: If you are reporting a bug/issue, please provide OS, GPU, GPU Driver, the version of the app, and full log file (if applicable). For crashes, please zip and provide a link to your logs → C:\Users\ [YOUR NAME] \ .nvidia-omniverse\logs

Hey @emendizabal , thanks so much for the reply, looking forward to hearing from you again! This is quite a peculiar problem and I’m hoping it can be resolved in this thread so others can benefit from reading this

Hi @user113205 ! I checked with the team and they need to clarify where you are exporting the tiles…it sounds like the issue as described is not in Omniverse, but in the software where you exported the USD files.

Hey @emendizabal , to answer your question fully, I’ve plugged Cesium and Omniverse into Unreal Engine 4.27.2. My mate used his PC as the Omniverse server such that we can work on the same editor at the same time. The changes on one end are visible from the other so no issue there. At this point, we’re already working on the same USD file. However, when I click on adding the Cesium map into UE, it does not reflect on my mate’s computer.

We’ve also tried to export an unreal project with a Cesium map loaded already. We export this to USD format, but upon opening up this USD format file, only the local tiles are visible, and the colours (materials) are all missing. To answer your question directly, we are exporting from Unreal to Omniverse via the ‘Omniverse’ toolbar in the ribbon at the top of the screen in Unreal.

Hey @emendizabal , was wondering if you had any updates regarding this issue? I still can’t manage to find a solution on my end unfortunately :(

Hi @user113205! Here is the latest information that I have about the Cesium Plugin:

We are still working on the USD file format plugin for glTF which will allow Cesium tiles to be read as if they’re USD. When that is available, it should be possible to load individual cesium tiles into our connector. Streaming capabilities are more difficult and it is something that we are working on as well.

Hey @WendyGram, thanks so much for the response. Based on what you mentioned, I’m guessing that this is on the developer side of things and not much users can do about it for now, except work on local Cesium-built tiles. Hopefully it gets fixed soon so we can all enjoy using these tools.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.