Issue for IDS uEye camera with Jetson TK1

Hello All,

I am using following components:

Jetson TK1
USB Camera (Logitech and IDS uEye)
OpenCV4Tegra

I am using opencv for video capture and i found using opencv APIs i am able to grab frames from Logitech camera but i am getting camera initialization error for IDS uEye Camera…

I have gone through forums over internet what i came to know is for IDS uEye camera with jetson doesn’t work on Linux so we have to use uEye SDK for grabbing frame and then convert it into CV::MAT structures…

Is there any way other way out to work with uEye camera interfaced with Jetson TK1 ??

Which uEye camera did you use? I had UI-3370-CP-M-GL USB3 (but not USB3 Vision) camera working on TK1 with IDS custom driver.

Thanks for your response…

I am using UI-3240-C-HQ Camera…

I am also able to run ueyedemo application came with Linux IDS SDK package…

Problem is with OpenCV capture APIs…

From your commment “I had UI-3370-CP-M-GL USB3 (but not USB3 Vision) camera working on TK1 with IDS custom driver”

How did you run this application ?? Is this app from IDS SDK or you developed to play around it ??

OpenCV uses V4L2 interface. Unless IDS provides a V4L2 driver (which it didn’t when I last checked), you need to write your own adapter. If the camera is USB3 Vision compliant , you can use any 3rd party USB3 Vision stack (none of them is free). You’ll still need to write your adapter, though.

BTW, Projects/Aravis - GNOME Wiki! for GigE Vision can probably be adapted to do USB3 Vision.

The newest version of ROS have compatibility with IDS cameras, the same as with OpenCV.