Issue with clara-train-sdk:v4.0

Hello to everyone,

I was trying to install clara-train-sdk v4.0 in Windows 10. Downloaded docker image.

After that, I started the downloaded container. Then I followed the instructions described here (https://ngc.nvidia.com/catalog/resources/nvidia:med:clara:getting_started/setup)

I also met the all pre-requisites and I have one GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB)

I opened Docker CLI up to type commands suggested in the link above.

First, CLI opened up like this as default.

(/opt/nvidia/medical/)

In order to get ‘scripts’ folder, I had to downloaded ‘getting_started_1.zip’ file (Provided in the link)

I typed the necessary command to downloaded it and I unzipped it to inside ‘medical’ folder.

Then I was able to get myself inside ‘scripts’ folder.

We have two .sh files. In the link above, it suggests to type this

./startDocker.sh 8890 ‘0,1,2,3’ 5000 -that’s because I’ve only one GPU, I typed only 0.
( ./startDocker.sh <AIAA_PORT>)

It turned me an error that’s I googled it but couldn’t get a result. It also suggested me to run installDashBoardInDocker.sh and I run it.

After that, CLI installed some sort of necessary libraries and resolved dependencies, then it turned an another error that ‘No such file or directory: claraDevDay

When I typed ‘jupyter lab Welcome.ipynb’ to run the notebook inside ‘medical’ folder, which I get from the unzipped file mentioned above, It gave me a link with token that exactly described in the main link above. However, when I typed that returned link in the browser no notebook showed up.

What did I wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
Thanks for your interest in Clara Train SDK.

Windows is not a supported OS for Clara train. The recommended OS is Ubuntu. You could give it a try but are also running V3.1 notebooks not V4. Also error indicates you don’t have Docker installed. we do have sh in to install docker and docker compose but again for Ubuntu

Clara train V4.0 based on MONAI which uses PyTorch. Please check out the notebooks to get you started clara-train-examples/PyTorch/NoteBooks at master · NVIDIA/clara-train-examples · GitHub

The same repo has notebooks for older clara V3.1 this is what you have started. Look in the message showing starting docker of clara train v3.0
Please use link above to clone the new repos. The scripts have been renamed as they use docker compose

Hope this helps

Hi aharouni,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Actually I’m confused with your reponse. I know that Docker is working as platform-free, right? If so, what is the logic behind installing Ubuntu while we already use Docker?

Secondly, I installed Docker that’s why I get errors in Docker shell in the first place.

Hi
Sorry for the misunderstanding. looking at you logs it showed

docker not found

I am just mentioning that we didn’t test / support windows. you can defiantly try and it might work for you.

If so please upgrade to the latest clara train v4 with its notebooks. clara-train-examples/PyTorch/NoteBooks at master · NVIDIA/clara-train-examples · GitHub
Also use scripts to start docker container. For a walk through please refer to GTC talks

Hope this helps