Issue with image classification tutorial and testing with deepstream-app

Thanks @Morganh ,
Yea my model-color-format is set as 1. And i have replaced the previous offset with 103.939;116.779;123.68…but still all the frames which are supposed to be belonging to positive class is predicted as negative class…

Thanks for the info. I will check further.

1 Like

@jazeel.jk
As mentioned above, please modify to

offsets=103.939;116.779;123.68
model-color-format=1

I confirm that it can get the same result as tlt-infer.
Work as primary trt engine
ds_classification_as_primary_gie (3.4 KB)
config_as_primary_gie (3).txt (743 Bytes)

More, please double check your label file.
Yours should be

negative;positive

@Morganh ,
I checked it, i used the same ds_classification_as_primary_gie as config file for deepstream-app, and label file is in the order of classmap.json… means first one negative and second one positive…
Is there a way to get the predicted outputs printed on the terminal ?

With the step I mentioned above, the predicted output will show at the top left corner of the monitor.
For other ways, please search or ask in deepstream forum.

How did you generate the video file for running in deepstream?
Please consider below way.
gst-launch-1.0 multifilesrc location=“/tmp/%d.jpg” caps=“image/jpeg,framerate=30/1” ! jpegdec ! x264enc ! avimux ! filesink location=“out.avi”

Hi @Morganh
I didn’t generate the video. I got it from my colleague. Video is not an issue. I successfully used it with onnx model where classification worked correctly on deepstream-app.

To narrow down, you can try to run standalone python script to do inference against the trt engine.
Reference: Inferring resnet18 classification etlt model with python - #41 by Morganh
Per my test result, it can get the same result as tlt-infer.

Hi @Morganh , does this expects images with name 0.jpg, 1.jpg, 2.jpg etc… in the image directory (say temp folder) ?

If you use above command I mentioned, yes, the name 0.jpg, 1.jpg, etc… are expected.

HI @Morganh ,
Using custom python script wouldn’t really work for us. Our application uses nvinfer plugin hence I used NVIDIA’s deepstream-app to validate my model.

@dzmitry.babrovich
Actually TLT internal team are syncing for your case. So I ran several experiments against your dataset.
My result:

1. With standalone way: Trigger tlt 2.0_py3 docker in host PC, and run standalone python script against trt engine. It can run inference very well against all the 3 classes’ images. It can get the same result as tlt-infer.
  2. With deepstream way: I run it in TX2.
  • modify the offset (as I mentioned above)
  • generate avi file (as I mentioned above)
    It can run inference very well against the “leaked” and “scratched” avi files. Their result is better than tlt-infer.
    But unfortunately for your “good” class avi file, its result is worse than tlt-infer.

Hi @Morganh I have followed you suggestion and can observe the same result as you do: now I have scratched and leaked classes detected but not the good one.

@dzmitry.babrovich
Please add below parameter in your config file (config_as_primary_gie.txt)
It will solve your latest issue. Deepstream will get very good inference result against “good” class avi file too.

scaling-filter=5

“scaling-filter=5 ” means “Specifies GPU-Ignored, VIC-Nicest interpolation.”

For more info about “scaling-filter”, please refer to DeepStream Plugins 5.0
and NVIDIA DeepStream SDK API Reference: NvBufSurfTransform Types and Functions

Enumerator
NvBufSurfTransformInter_Nearest
Specifies Nearest Interpolation Method interpolation.

NvBufSurfTransformInter_Bilinear
Specifies Bilinear Interpolation Method interpolation.

NvBufSurfTransformInter_Algo1
Specifies GPU-Cubic, VIC-5 Tap interpolation.

NvBufSurfTransformInter_Algo2
Specifies GPU-Super, VIC-10 Tap interpolation.

NvBufSurfTransformInter_Algo3
Specifies GPU-Lanzos, VIC-Smart interpolation.

**NvBufSurfTransformInter_Algo4 **
Specifies GPU-Ignored, VIC-Nicest interpolation.

NvBufSurfTransformInter_Default
Specifies GPU-Nearest, VIC-Nearest interpolation.

1 Like

Dear @Morganh
I can confirm that adding this parameter finally fixes the issue and I have very good inference result.

Hi! I’d like to ask what is the meaning of this parameter(scaling-filter)? Is it to scale the input image to the required size of the model? Thanks very much!

See DeepStream Plugins 5.0
scaling-filter: The filter to use for scaling frames / object crops to network resolution

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, My explanation above should not be biased, right?

As mentioned above, for more info about “scaling-filter”, please refer to DeepStream Plugins 5.0
and NVIDIA DeepStream SDK API Reference: NvBufSurfTransform Types and Functions

1 Like