Issue with installing jetpack 2.3.1 in NVIDIA TX1

hi,

I was working in NVIDIA TX1 board.the board came with per-build Linux OS-14.04. now i want to install cuda-toolkit and opencv4Tegra…to my target. i have downloaded jet pack 2.3.1 in host PC (Ubuntu 14.04) and i followed the steps given in the manual(from NVIDIA website)…it has been successfully installed in host machine but while moving the packages from host machine to target machine…the OS has been upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 and am getting error like…

Get:1 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial InRelease
Err:1 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial InRelease
Clearsigned file isn’t valid, got ‘NOSPLIT’ (does the network require authentication?)
Get:2 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-updates InRelease
Err:2 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-updates InRelease
Clearsigned file isn’t valid, got ‘NOSPLIT’ (does the network require authentication?)
Get:3 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-backports InRelease
Err:3 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-backports InRelease
Get:4 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security InRelease
Err:4 Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security InRelease
Fetched 780 B in 0s (5,212 B/s)
Reading package lists… Done
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-arm64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:4 and /etc/apt/sources.list:17
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:4 and /etc/apt/sources.list:17
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:4 and /etc/apt/sources.list:17
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:4 and /etc/apt/sources.list:17
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-arm64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:4 and /etc/apt/sources.list:17
W: Target DEP-11-icons (universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:4 and /etc/apt/sources.list:17
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-arm64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list:19
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list:19
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list:19
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list:19
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-arm64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list:19
W: Target DEP-11-icons (universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list:19
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-arm64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:30 and /etc/apt/sources.list:32
W: Target Packages (universe/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:30 and /etc/apt/sources.list:32
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:30 and /etc/apt/sources.list:32
W: Target Translations (universe/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:30 and /etc/apt/sources.list:32
W: Target DEP-11 (universe/dep11/Components-arm64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:30 and /etc/apt/sources.list:32
W: Target DEP-11-icons (universe/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:30 and /etc/apt/sources.list:32
W: Target Packages (multiverse/binary-arm64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:30 and /etc/apt/sources.list:34

PLEASE provide the proper steps to be installed…

regards,
Niranjan B

Hi Niranjan,

Please use steps 6 to install on your host machine.
The Component Manager opens, which allows you to customize which components to install.

http://docs.nvidia.com/jetpack-l4t/2_1/content/developertools/mobile/jetpack/jetpack_l4t/2.0/jetpack_l4t_install.htm

thanks for your reply.

i have followed the same steps only…i preferred - “custom”

The board came with per-build OS (14.04)…but now it is upgraded to 16.04…and am not able to move the package from host to target…its showing the error…

i don’t know whether it might be due to Internet problem or due OS problem (16.04)

please help me.

regrads,
Niranjan

I’m just quoting this because the spam filters hid the original (I’m not answering, I’m just making sure the post shows up).

Thanks linuxdev!

Hi Niranjan,

I don’t understand why you need move the package from host to target?
When you install JetPack with custom, you can select the Jetson Developer Kit you would like to develop for to customize the installation components for each device.

I see the issue always mentions file “/etc/apt/sources.list”. If you create a new reply, then hovering the mouse over the quote key of your reply will show a paper clip icon for attaching files. Rename “sources.list” to “sources.list.txt” and attach a copy so that file can be viewed.

I’ll attach one which has most of the commented out entries uncommented and activated. Note that after any change to this file you should run “apt update”. There may be other additions to what repository is checked via some of the files in subdirectories of “/etc/apt/”.
sources.list.txt (1.91 KB)

thanks for your reply,

Am working on NVIDIA Jetson TX1…

i have installed jet-pack 2.3.1 in host machine… running in Ubuntu 14.04 (64bit)…i have followed the instruction from the manual and i tried the same… Need to install the packages like CUDA-toolkit, CudaDNN, opencv4tegra, visionworks.on NVIDIA TX1. While running jet-pack 2.3.1, all the packages are downloaded. Next a terminal appears which shows, CUDA is copied from host to target but not able to install CUDA on target board(NVIDIA). Jetson TX1 is flashed with Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. Kernel Version- 3.10.96… Below are the errors we are getting. Also attached the log.

connection to 10.9.68.164 is closed.
dkpg-query: package :cuda-toolkit-8.0 is not installed and no information is available.
error:cuda cannot be installed…

I don’t know where am doing mistake…please help me regarding this…

regards,
Niranjan

Can you attach your “/etc/apt/sources.list” from both Jetson and host as “sources.list-host.txt” and “sources.list-jetson.txt”?

Perhaps also run “sudo apt-get clean” first on both Jetson and host, then “apt update”, followed by your JetPack steps.

hi, please find the “/etc/apt/sources.list”

See UpgradeNotes - Community Help Wiki for how to upgrade to

newer versions of the distribution.

deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial main restricted universe multiverse

Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the

distribution.

deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-updates main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-updates main restricted universe multiverse

Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the ‘universe’

repository.

N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu

team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive any

review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.

deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial universe

deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial universe

deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-updates universe

deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-updates universe

N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as

extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes

newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.

Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review

or updates from the Ubuntu security team.

deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-backports main restricted universe multiverse

deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-backports main restricted

deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security main restricted universe multiverse
deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security main restricted universe multiverse
deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security universe

deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security universe

deb Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security multiverse

deb-src Index of /ubuntu-ports xenial-security multiverse

regards,
Niranjan
sources.list.TX1.txt (2.05 KB)
sources.list.host.txt (2.97 KB)

hello,

Can anyone please tell me a solution for this issue…

regards,
Niranjan