Issue with xrdp

nope, boot it up without monitor and I used nmap to check the xrdp server is running

Could you try to connect a monitor and see if xrdp can work with monitor? If it can, then it means we need some configuration with no monitor case.

i have the same problem .can explain how it can be solve?

Just tried, still doesn’t seem to work. I’ll take some time tonight to find the log file and see what I can do.

After installing Microsoft January 2020 Patch, I had problems logging into the jetson nano via xrdp. I get the nvidia logo and the session terminates

Interesting, my host pc is on ubuntu 18.04. Xrdp works fine on both Pi4 and Pi 3b+ though.
Maybe I should try to rollback to an older version of xrdp since there was an update recently that might not play nice with the Jetson Nano:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xrdp/+changelog

nol older version, reinstalled and still no dice.

It could have something to do with this:
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/01/another-reason-to-hurry-with-windows-server-patches-a-new-rdp-vulnerability/

If Microsoft changed the way rdp works, it possibly broke xrdp from patched Windows clients. New vulnerabilities for rdp are always being found.

Getting this error “unable to locate package xrdp” while installing xrdp in Jetson Nano.
Please help.
Thanks in advance

Please give solution for this problem

what if you use other remote desktop servers/clients? or your choice is limited only to xrdp? what about nomachine? vnc, x2go?

That’s a good suggestion, Andrey. I use ssh -X for nearly everything, but it is not suitable for graphics heavy apps or slower internet. Most people seem to use vnc, but the encode is done in software on nano, I believe. I have never tried x2go.

I believe there’s an issue logging in via RDP while there is an SSH connection open, maybe that’s related.

I have the exact same problem: Microsoft Remote Desktop opens a window on my Mac which for 1s shows the Nvidia logo, then closes unexpectedly. I am using the Nvidia image on my Jetson nano and Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac. Did you find a solution to the problem? Thanks!

I have the same problem using Microsoft Remote Desktop on Windows 10 and Remmima in Ubuntu.

1 Like

Logout from Jetson nano and try to login in remote connection.it will work

I encountered this issue today. It turns out it was caused by gnome (more specifically, the MESA GL library).

Didn’t want to waste more time on this. So I installed xfce4 and used it instead. That solved the problem.

Here are the steps:

1. Install xfce4
    sudo apt install xfce4
  2. Comment out the last two lines in /etc/xrdp/startwm.sh
  3. Add the following line to /etc/xrdp/startwm.sh
    startxfce4
  4. Restart xrdp
    sudo service xrdp restart
2 Likes

Thank, xfce4 works!

Works perfectly, thanks.

Obviously not the RDP patch issue mentioned above.

This worked, but there is an error when I try to run an application that uses the OpenGl

libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: GLXBadContext
Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
Serial number of failed request: 36
Current serial number in output stream: 35

This error does not happens when I am using the monitor.

Before I got this issue , I didn’t upgrade my ubuntu and the XRDP worked very good between windows and the Jetson. But then I decided to upgrade my distro to 18.04.4 LTS and this starts happening