Issues and suggestion for Gstreamer for shared memory in nano

As of now I have the given below pipeline

Source: nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=1 sensor-mode=4 do-timestamp=true ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=1920, height=1080, framerate=30/1, format=NV12 !
nvvidconv flip-method={1} ! video/x-raw, format=NV12 ! appsink name=sink0 emit-signals=true sync=false"

SHM pipe: appsrc name=src0 do-timestamp=true ! video/x-raw, width={0:d}, height={1:d}, framerate=30/1, format=NV12 ! shmsink sync=false socket-path={2:s}

Recorder pipe: shmsrc socket-path={0:s} name=src0 do-timestamp=true ! queue ! video/x-raw, width={1:d}, height={2:d}, framerate=30/1, format=NV12 ! nvvidconv ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=NV12 ! nvv4l2h265enc bitrate={3:d} ! video/x-h265 ! h265parse name=parse0 ! splitmuxsink name=sink0 location={4:s} max-size-bytes={5:d} max-size-time={6:d} muxer=mp4mux

There are multiple SHM pipe connected to source with different sockets connected to the recorder. This multiple recorder save multiple sets of mp4 videos with different FPS without any issues. I have 60,30,10 … fps videos saved

Now I want to test the above pipeline with video sets, specifically input 60 fps videos sets and stream through the shared memory and finally save as the recorder does above.

For that with out shm this is what I made:
splitfilesrc location='data/*.mp4' ! qtdemux ! queue ! h265parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! videorate! nvvidconv ! 'video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1920,height=1080, framerate=10/1'! nvv4l2h265enc bitrate = 12000000 ! h265parse name=parse0 ! splitmuxsink name=sink0 location='any%04d.mp4' max-size-bytes=10000000000 max-size-time=10000000000 muxer=mp4mux

Now this works as expected for one file but for some reason the pipeline breaks soon after. From the documentation splitfilesrc should read everything under “data/” but it doesn’t. It just reads the one file. Is the problem unique to nano? Anything I am missing or mistake on my part?

Next question: Trying the same for one large video file, replacing above part in source, the pipeline stops too quickly and recorder doesn’t have time to load(my assumption). wait-for-connection is true by default for shmsink so shouldn’t the source wait till recorder is connected? Any mistake here or any better way to tackle/approach this?

Hi,
We don’t have much experience in shmsrc/shmsink. Could you go to gstreamer forum to get more information? You can firstly have a working pipeline with videotestsrc, x264enc, and then replace with nvarguscamerasrc, nvv4l2h265enc.

1 Like