Issues decoding RTSP stream using nvv4l2decoder with Jetpack 4.4

Hi,
We are investigating it internally. Will update when there is new finding.

@Honey_Patouceul
You suggested this link, Is it efficient for decoding the rtsp? It use double memory from main RAM? NVVM buffer + CPU buffer

When the decoded frame pushed into NVMM buffer and then copied into CPU buffer, So that frame in NVMM buffer then removed from this buffer?

@Honey_Patouceul
1- In your opinion, Is this correctly work for jetson xavier nx? It’s work for jetson nano.

2- Is it possible to use the decoded of frames from NVMM buffer for processing without copy to CPU buffer? If so, How?

3- If I want to use the decoded of frames for TPU dongle that connected to jetson nano via USB I need to copy the decoded frames from NVMM buffer to CPU buffer? If is possible to use the decoded frames from nvvm buffer directly into USB TPU?

4- If I want to use very efficient mode for decoding the streams, I have to use pure gstreamer? How I can use the buffers of gsteamer in numpy array for processing?

@DaneLLL
I don’t know if it helps, but I have the same issue. And during testing I found out that if I open a second connection to the problematic camera with for instance VLC on a laptop, then decoding with nvv4l2decoder works.
I have attached a log of a working (ok) and non working situation (wrong)
output_v_ok.txt (20.9 KB)
output_v_wrong.txt (17.3 KB)

It seems that the udpsrc caps are detected differently. Might that be the issue?

If there is anything else I can test, please let me know.

Hi,
If you upgrade to JP4.4.1(r32.4.4), you should be able to run with h264parse:

rtspsrc(or udpsrc) ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! nvv4l2decoder ! ...

Please give it a try.

Ok, sorry, I though the issue was not fixed yet.

I am already on r32.4.4

R32 (release), REVISION: 4.4, GCID: 23942405, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Oct 16 19:37:08 UTC 2020

So I probably have a different issue then.

Any other ideas how this can happen. I can reproduce it perfectly. Seems to be a race condition of some sort.

Hi,
For UDP streaming, you can refer to

If the issue is still present, please make a new post with steps so that we can replicate it and check.