Issues regarding Jetson Nano SOM

Hi team Nvidia,
We are using “jetson nano soc with Jetpack 4.6.4” in our project and facing the following major issues :

1. SOM board is not getting detected over USB

2. SOM board is overheating while operationg (flashing/testing)

3. I2C0 is not getting detected

4. there is a voltage drop observed on the SPI1_MOSI pin after connecting the interface

Are your using custom carrier board?

yes,we are using custom carrier board.

Which stage? Recvoery mode or after entering kernel?

SOM board is overheating while operationg (flashing/testing)

Sounds like your thermal design has problem?

I2C0 is not getting detected

Is it able to get detected on devkit?

Which stage? Recvoery mode or after entering kernel?

once som exits recovery mode for initial self set-up it can not be detected over USB while in recovery mode its getting detected

Sounds like your thermal design has problem?

only some SOMs are showing this heating issue while rest are working fine with same thermal design

Is it able to get detected on devkit?

No

NOTE : These issues are observed in certain SOMs only…rest of the SOMs are working properly…We have tried same carrier board by replacing som only and it works fine

Please boot the module up on devkit and share serial console log.

Are all the 3 issues able to reproduce on devkit or not?

we are currently checking with our custom carrier board…can we share results for that,
does that works for you?

Please try to get a devkit to debug. This is common procedure.

below are the serial logs attached for the respective issues reproduced on devkit

I2c0 not getting detected

serial-console-logs-i2c-not-working.txt (22.7 KB)

NOTE : one more issue reported by the team recently that too reproduced on devkit
[LED GPIO not working] : in some SOMs out of RGB LEDs the red LED GPIO is not working/detected, disabling the functioning of the same.
attaching the logs
serial-console-logs-gpio-not-working.txt (7.9 KB)

for not booting boards/ not getting detected over USB we are attaching the logs :

Flash logs

• device not found SOM

Error: Return value 1
Failed flashing t210ref

• device not booting SOM

Error: Return value 7
Command tegradevflash --pt flash.xml.bin --storageinfo storage_info.bin --create
Failed flashing t210ref

for Overheating issues checking with devkit could not be a favourable option as we have observed our custom carrier boards getting damaged and unable to function once we tried to boot that with same som

Could you share the result of command sudo i2cdump -y 0 0x50 on this device?

Also, above is a terrible information sharing. This kind of info is not completed and provides no information. If you really want other to help check, you need to share both host side and uart side log as attachment.

And please tell us whether you are using same module to reproduce this flash issue or not.
If you are talking about lots of different issues from different modules, then please file separate topics. This one will only focus on checking the issues triggered by missing eeprom content.

Hi
For the device which is not booting and the device that is not getting detected over USB, we are not able to access the board and that’s why we can not collect serial logs for these.
Also we tried flashing with the same devkit but it failed with the above mentioned error code and that’s all we have.
Could you suggest some other way to debug the same.

Could you share the result of command sudo i2cdump -y 0 0x50 on this device?

Can you specify for which device you want that register dump?

Also we have shared serial logs for I2C0 not found issue and LED GPIO not working issue, does that provide some insight for the issues

Serial console log is from the UART pin which has nothing to do with usb.

Are you sure you know how to dump serial log?

Can you specify for which device you want that register dump?

This address has the module eeprom. This one is mandatory and must be read to make the whole board work fine.

Also we have shared serial logs for I2C0 not found issue and LED GPIO not working issue, does that provide some insight for the issues

We don’t discuss multiple issues in same topic. If your LED gpio thing is also on this module which seems not able to read eeprom, then we can discuss about that later.

Serial console log is from the UART pin which has nothing to do with usb.

we have tried with UART to access the board but it shows no booting logs

We don’t discuss multiple issues in same topic. If your LED gpio thing is also on this module which seems not able to read eeprom, then we can discuss about that later.

Lets keep this topic for “I2C0 not getting detected” and "gpio not detected"only

these two are different soms and have respective issues
kindly specify what details you need for that issue other than
serial-console-logs-i2c-not-working.txt (22.7 KB)
and
serial-console-logs-gpio-not-working.txt (7.9 KB)

Hi,

Could you try to clarify what you are talking about exactly?

Your comment conflicted to itself.

we have tried with UART to access the board but it shows no booting logs

OK, you told me you cannot see boot logs.

these two are different soms and have respective issues

Now you shared the boot logs again. Then what does that mean you cannot see boot log?

Could you tell us how many modules you have there and how many issues you saw there?

I only want to check about the i2c0 issue here because missing eeprom is fatal. I don’t care about GPIO or anything else here.

If you want to ask GPIO, wait for the i2c0 issue to get clarified first.

Let me clarify
we have few soms with i2c0 not detecting issue only and few soms with gpio issue only and
these boards are booting, we can access these boards and we collected and shared serial logs.

secondly we have few boards with booting issues and we are not able to access the boards using uart and we cannot share the logs for same.

Now for this topic we are talking about the som which is having i2c0 issue.
kindly mention the requirements for debugging the same.

Ok, so for those modules which cannot access i2c0, could you just share me the

1. full dmesg

2. sudo i2cdump -y 0 0x50

For the rest of modules and issues, please file separate topics and tag me there. I will reply.

dmesg-logs.txt (52.6 KB)
i2c-dump.txt (79 Bytes)

please find the attachments

Hi,

Why are you flashing a customized dtb on this? Didn’t you say you are using devkit now?
For devkit, please just use pure jetpack image…

Do you really understand what we are checking here?

i2cdump.txt (85 Bytes)
dmesg-logs.txt (55.4 KB)

Logs - default NVIDIA image is flashed with Jetpack version 4.6.2 in i2c0 not detecting SOM