Issues trying to install JetPack on TK-1

Freshly installed Ubuntu 14.4 have the TK-1 cabled up properly. After struggling with the Jetpack I finally installed and flashed manually. But I still want to figure out why the JetPack dies for next time. Basically following the directions the icon for the setup program goes onto the bar. Eventually an error message pops up. No specifics and the log file it says to look at is never created. Or its not in the place specified. First time with Linux but I’ve been doing unix admin for years. Just can’t figure out where to go with this one. Nothing to analyze with no log file. Another TK1 came in today Node 2 in my cluster. Its been flakey since the get go. Its hung up twice now the last time destroying the gui. It won’t come up at all now. Flashes up a Nvidia logo then goes back to the login page. So I’m going to reflash that with the manual install filesystem and drivers. Flashed without any issues once I built the image on the host disk. But the Jet Pack problem has me baffled.

Griz

Reinstalled the pc side and didn’t change the video card from the default and everything worked fine. However after everything was installed on the pc I tried to run the JetPack again and it hangs. Anyone else having this issue? I’d hate to think I have to reinstall linux every time a new JetPack comes out. My pc has an embedded video chip but its turned off I’m wondering if that has anything to do with the issue. I’d leave the default driver in place as I don’t run cuda stuff on the pc but the resolution is so poor I can hardly read the text. Other than that the TK-1 is awesome. Bang for the buck in spades. I was expecting the same poor browser performance that I experience on the PI’s but not so with the TK-1 the GPU is making things much faster. And the software support is way beyond what you get with the other embedded products. I have 10 different cards none come close. Yea you can go find and install all the extras cuda excluded of course but with the TK-1 you to to nvidia site and its all there for you. I"m sold and anxiously awaiting the next offering.

Griz