I’m experiencing a persistent issue with my third monitor setup on Ubuntu. I’ve tried multiple solutions, but I’m still facing the problem and hope someone here might have encountered and resolved a similar situation.
- Operating System: Ubuntu
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
- Driver Version: 470.199.02
- CUDA Version: 11.4
- Kernel Version: 6.2.0-26-generic
Issue: When I connect my third monitor, all three screens go black, rendering my system unusable until I restart with the third monitor disconnected. The issue seems to be specific to my current Ubuntu setup, as the monitors work correctly on a dual-boot macOS setup. Was working fine on Ubuntu until not too long not sure whats changed and/or updated.
xrandr- Initially, the third monitor wasn’t detected. After some troubleshooting, it started showing up, but the issue persisted.
- Reconfigured and reinstalled NVIDIA drivers multiple times.
- Checked NVIDIA X Server Settings - The third monitor is detected but doesn’t display anything.
- Booted with older kernel versions and tried configuring NVIDIA drivers for them.
- Purged and reinstalled different versions of NVIDIA drivers.
- Checked for software conflicts and ensured no other display-related utilities were interfering.
Both monitors work when connected by themselves to one port, but when both are connected simultaneously, the screens go black.
If anyone has any ideas that would be great.
Thank you in advance!