J5.0.2 boot from Sata SSD

Hi,

I’m trying to flash an J5.0.2 image to a Sata SSD

But when I used the command with l4t_initrd_flash.sh

The error shows ‘Error flashing non-qspi storage’

Here is my log and command

flash_20220829_101656 (253.1 KB)

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device sda1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --showlogs jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc sda1 | tee log/flash_$(date +‘%Y%m%d_%H%M%S’)

My colleague tell me I should use secure boot, but the J5.0.2 secure boot seems not support yet.

Is there any solution for making an image boot from Sata SSD?

hello zax0220jecht,

did you follow developer guide, Flashing to an External Storage Device ?

Hi Jerry

The command I used is reference from the README_initrd_flash.txt workflows 3

And also I saw the workflows 5 have to install the package of Secureboot, but it didn’t support for J5.0.2 yet

Could J5.0.2 support boot from external image?

Hi zax0220jecht,

Please follow “Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/README_initrd_flash.txt” workflow 11 steps to flash on external SSD.

Secureboot download link:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r35_Release_v1.0/Release/secureboot_R35.1.0_aarch64.tbz2

Hi carolyuu and Jerry,

OK thanks, I will try it.

Sorry that I have the wrong page for secureboot, I saw the 34.1.1.

I will follow the steps in 35.1

Thanks for your great help

Hi

I uesd the command in workflow 11, my ssd is located at sdc1

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --direct sdc1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --external-device sda1 jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc external

And the log shows success. Attach the log file

flash_1-2_0_20220830-154150.log (13.7 KB)

But I can’t enter the target, it stucks at the oem installation even if I reboot the target

Is there anything I lost to do?

On the other hand, if i want to bypass the oem-config, I can’t find the l4t_create_default_users.sh script.

Is the script still exist or rename?

hello zax0220jecht,

do you have display monitor connected to target? please complete the environment setup settings, thanks

hello zax0220jecht,

it’s now under tools folder, for example, $OUT/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/l4t_create_default_user.sh

Hi Jerry

The photo is the target display, so I took the photo instead screenshot.

please have a try to create default user to bypass the oem-config.

Hi Jerry

Does the target stuck at the oem installation even if I reboot the target is a new bug or any steps can I check if I have the wrong steps?

When I flash J4.6.2, it always appears in the beginning and disappears after I reboot the target.

hello zax0220jecht,

may I know your steps in detail,
especially, did you ran l4t_create_default_user.sh before flashing the target?

Hi Jerry

I downloaded the l4t by sdkmanager

ssd build gpt and partition as sdc1

modify user name in l4t_create_default_user.sh

execute the following command in l4t :

sudo ./l4t_create_default_user.sh

systemctl stop udisks2.service

sudo apt install libxml2-utils simg2img network-manager abootimg sshpass device-tree-compiler

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --direct sdc1 -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --external-device sda1 jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc external

log show successful

I install the ssd to the target and boot

I can enter the system in text mode by ctrl+alt+F2 but can not enter the GUI of desktop

hello zax0220jecht,

could you please setup serial console to gather the bootloader logs for reference,
thanks

Just curious about “Sata SSD”… There is no SATA controller on jetson NX… what is the exact interface you are using?

Hi Jerry

Before checking the logs, I have some questions

Does the Workflow 11 in README_initrd_flash.txt flash the emmc and external storage simultaneously?

Yesterday, I check my storage and found it has rootfs after executed the command

But I’m not sure the image in emmc is produced by the command or the sdkm flashed before 2 days ago

The point is I follow the steps mentioned yesterday and I can’t copy the same situation in this morning

I’m trying again from downloading l4t

hello zax0220jecht,

it generates a bootable external storage, the options is using external; so the internal emmc should be the your default image.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.