Jetbot OSError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O error

I am a college student who is working on a Jetson Nano project in Korea. I encountered an error in the process of the project, but I don’t know the cause and solution, so I’m asking you a question. It would be very helpful if you could help me.
The following is an error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "yahboom-jetbot.py", line 114, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/jetbot-0.3.0-py3.6.egg/jetbot/robot.py", line 39, in __init__
    self.motor_driver = Adafruit_MotorHAT(i2c_bus=self.i2c_bus)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/Adafruit_MotorHAT-1.4.0-py3.6.egg/Adafruit_MotorHAT/Adafruit_MotorHAT_Motors.py", line 235, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/Adafruit_MotorHAT-1.4.0-py3.6.egg/Adafruit_MotorHAT/Adafruit_PWM_Servo_Driver.py", line 59, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/Adafruit_MotorHAT-1.4.0-py3.6.egg/Adafruit_MotorHAT/Adafruit_PWM_Servo_Driver.py", line 95, in setAllPWM
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/Adafruit_GPIO-1.0.4-py3.6.egg/Adafruit_GPIO/I2C.py", line 116, in write8
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/Adafruit_PureIO/smbus.py", line 256, in write_byte_data
    self._device.write(data)
OSError: [Errno 121] Remote I/O error

For Jetbot question and discuss JetBot related issue, please open a topic on the JetBot GitHub Discussions. Thanks

If you use pre-built OS image, check I2C connection for motor driver.
And refer this site http://www.yahboom.net/study/JETBOT, 3.2 Create JetBot firmware.
By the manual, you need to patch some Python code.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.