JetPack 2 with TK1: attempt to run built sample app in install fails with wrong path

I installed JetPack 2.0 for the TK1 on my Ubuntu 14.04 system (and reinstalled on a clean install of Ubuntu as well…)

The problem is that late in the build, after loading everything onto the TK1, and building the sample apps, the script on my laptop running Ubuntu is WRONG (that’s an NVIDIA script…) in looking for MatrixMul in the bin/armv7l/Linux/release dir! It’s in a folder below that! So the script provided by NVidia in their JetPack 2.0 seems to be simply wrong.

Any acknowledgement of that fact? Or somehow it did things wrong? Since this is all scripted/automated processing, it wouldn’t seem that anything that I did or did not do was at fault.

What is going on here, or when will NVidia fix this, if it is a flaw?

Hi GHByrkit,

Thanks for reporting this bug.
It’s a known issue and will be fixed in next release. The samples are compiled successfully but when running the sample on TK1, a wrong path is used.

Hi GHByrkit,

I ALSO ENCOUNTER THIS ISSUE DURING INSTALL JETPACK V2.0 ON JETSON TK1 WITH HOST UBUNTU 14.04. AND, WORK IT AROUND BY SELECT “NO ACTION” AT “COMPILE CUDA SAMPLES” ITEM OF “JETPACK L4T COMPONENT MANAGER” WINDOW. THEN, AT LEAST, JETPACK V2.0 FINISH ITS INSTALLATION PROCESS.

REGARDS,
YUKC

file:///home/nhh/Pictures/Screenshot%20from%202016-02-17%2018:54:39.png

I faced this error and I pressed Enter but nothing happened, what could be a solution? have you skipped this error, and How?

Regards.

Hi Hamda,

During install JetPack v2.0, I got warning message below.

digest message below from James’s question at http://jetsonhacks.com/2015/11/22/jetpack-2-0-nvidia-jetson-development-pack-jetson-tk1/
vvv
it never completes the process after the tk1 reboots, everything appears to go correctly the Flash itself seems to work and then it reboots and starts copying files over, everything seems to go well and then it gets to Mandelbrot_gold.h 100%
next line is readme.txt and then I get
rm: cannot remove ‘cpdAdvancedQuicksort”: No such file or directory
it does this the same for 4 more directories and then say’s
Now running matrixMul Sample…
bash: NVIDIA_CUDA-6.5_Samples/bin/arm7l/Linux/release/matrixMul: no such file or directory
Please press enter key to continue
^^^

As your description, there are nothing happen when press enter key again and again. Finally, I just gave up and press CTRL+C to interrupt this install process. Then terminal window closes automatically, I also be brought to “Post Installation Jetson TK1” (by memory, not so sure if title is correct. Sorry!) dialog. I press Cancel button to terminate install process.

After consider, I restart JetPack v2.0 installation and select “no action” at “Compile CUDA Samples” item at this time.

yukc

Thank you very much for your help, and to install CUDA should I download it again separately or download the Samples only?

Hi Hamda,

Since we just skip “Compile CUDA Samples” when we install JetPack v2.0. Thus,I guess CUDA has be installed already.

I am fairly new on Jetson TK1, so not able to answer this questiom solidly.
yukc