Jetpack 3.0 - Installing Visionworks Error 29

Hi,

I am installing Jetpack 3.0 on a host running Ubuntu 14.0.5 Originally I had Ubuntu 16.04 installed but then got an install error on OpenCV for tegra.Reading this forum I realized I needed 14.0 I went back an installed Ubuntu 14.0.5 and that error went away. Now I get an error that says “Installing Visionworks references 1.6.0 failed. Return code: 29” What does this error mean and how can I fix it? I am starting from scratch so if I have to reinstall something no problem. Thanks in advance for any insight.

I too am seeing the exact same error. I do not, however, have the ability to use Ubuntu 14.04. I am currently using Ubuntu 16.04. If it helps, in the terminal window of the Component Manager it says the following:

panic: Unsupported component alias com.nvidia.middleware.visionworks_docs_tx2

goroutine 1 [running]:
panic(0x7214e0, 0xc420134180)
/home/kalu/go/src/runtime/panic.go:500 +0x1a1
main.get_component_by_alias(0x7ffd61fd818d, 0x2a, 0x799ff2, 0x7)
/home/kalu/Perforce/kalu_kalu-All-Series_5641/sw/devtools/TADP_NextGen/Dev/Main/JetPackL4T/golang/src/installer/InstallUtil.go:213 +0x1ba
main.main()
/home/kalu/Perforce/kalu_kalu-All-Series_5641/sw/devtools/TADP_NextGen/Dev/Main/JetPackL4T/golang/src/installer/InstallUtil.go:233 +0x7a4

-jeff

Hi both,

Thanks for the question.
We are clarifying this issue. Will update more information later.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Visionworks host can be successfully installed in our side.

Could you remove the file located at ‘[Jetpack]/jetpack_download/libvisionworks-repo_1.6.0.193n_amd64_ubuntu-14.04.deb’
And re-install it again?

Please let us know the results.
Thanks.

That fixed it. I was able to continue. Not sure why that was a problem. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I have the exact same problem as Mike_A and jawsrath. I am trying to install Jetpack 3.0 on a host running Ubuntu 14.04.5. I got the same error as them, however my target device is TX1.

I tried to remove and re-install the file ‘libvisionworks-repo_1.6.0.193n_amd64_ubuntu-14.04.deb’, but the problem is not fixed, I got the same error saying Installing Visionworks Inference 1.6.0 failed. Return code:29.

I do not know how to proceed from here and I hope to get your valuable advices from here.

Thank you!

Hi,
The same issue is still exist when I run JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run (JetPack3.1 is actually selected as default within Component Manager) on Ubuntu 16.04. Please help to fix it.

Thanks,
FZ

Hi,

We will check this issue and update information to you later.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for the quick reply. The below is the installation log captured from the terminal(Hope it can help):

(by the way, kalu should be the user name of nVidia developer, why it appears in the error log…? I guess the problem is related with it)

panic: Unsupported component alias com.nvidia.middleware.visionworks_host_tx2

goroutine 1 [running]:
panic(0x7214e0, 0xc42013c180)
/home/kalu/go/src/runtime/panic.go:500 +0x1a1
main.get_component_by_alias(0x7ffebbd27d81, 0x2a, 0x799ff2, 0x7)
/home/kalu/Perforce/kalu_kalu-All-Series_5641/sw/devtools/TADP_NextGen/Dev/Main/JetPackL4T/golang/src/installer/InstallUtil.go:213 +0x1ba
main.main()
/home/kalu/Perforce/kalu_kalu-All-Series_5641/sw/devtools/TADP_NextGen/Dev/Main/JetPackL4T/golang/src/installer/InstallUtil.go:233 +0x7a4

Hi,

Sorry for the late information.

Visionworks-host do have bug when installing and we already fix this in next release.
Currently, please try our workaround mentioned in this post:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1000824/jetson-tx2/jetpack-3-host-install-problem/post/5115484/#5115484[/url]

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know the results.
Thanks.

Hi,
Sorry, I cannot understand the steps described in the link. Actually the version of VisionWorks list in Component Manager is fixed to 1.6.0. With either full installation option or custom option, the error keeps the same :(

Regards,
FZ

Hi,

There are two different issue make Visionworks installation failed.

Based on the log you provided in #9, please re-install Visionworks again.
This error is caused by server can’t be accessed.
Our server is broken few days ago but we already fixed it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi all,

Thank you for the your replies, my situation is that by default JetPack 3.1 is chosen. I am able to get through till the point where “Installing VisionWorks Inferences 1.6.0 failed. Return code: 29” with JetPack 3.1.

However, when I tried to switch to JetPack 3.0, it’s repository file wouldn’t even load and I’ll get an error.

The JetPack file that I have is “JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run”. I tried both sudo and without sudo when trying to run the file.
i.e. sudo ./JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run (able to download repository file for JetPack 3.1 with sudo)

I was able to install the rest of the files via the custom option and “no action” the VisionWorks files (including the dependency files).

My host PC is Ubuntu 14.04.5 and target device is Jetson TX1.

For the whole afternoon, sometimes the repository file is broken, sometimes it’s able to download, but the constant is the problem with VisionWorks file. I also checked the repository.json file and the version is always JetPack 3.0.

I hope my minor input will be helpful for your troubleshooting process. Hope to hear from you all soon, thanks!

So far as I know JetPack 3.1 is not out yet. Where is the JetPack 3.1 from? I’m going by:
[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack[/url]

linuxdev,
When you run v3.0 installer, but the default version selected at L4T component manager is actually v3.1. And we cannot switch to v3.0 manually.

Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback and we are really sorry about these issue.

There are two issue.

1. A known issue in JetPack3.0 when installing Visionworks-host.
    This is already fixed in our next JetPack release.
    Currently, workaround is to manually remove Visionworks-host package and reinstall it again.
    More details please refer to:
    [url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1000824/jetson-tx2/jetpack-3-host-install-problem/post/5115484/#5115484[/url]

2. Our sever was crash at Tuesday. But we fixed this within hours.
    If you met access issue like #2 or #13, please restart JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run and re-install it again.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.
Please let us if you still meet error.

Thanks.

Hi AastaLLL,

I tried to restart JetPack-L4T-3.0-linux-x64.run and re-installing it again but the same error wouldn’t go away.

Also, I tried to workaround and manually remove Visionworks-host package and reinstall it again but I still failed to install Visionworks. (Visionworks references and Visionworks-target package also cannot)

Is there a more concrete way to workaround it?

So sorry for the trouble!

Hi leoncss92,

Thanks for your feedback.

May I know in your JetPack tool, is still JetPack3.1 by default?

Hi AastaLLL,

Yes it is JetPack L4T 3.1, and after it’s repository file is loaded, I tried to change it to Jetpack 3.0 but it will not download it’s repository file and I will get an error.

Hi leoncss92,

I cannot see JetPack L4T 3.1 now. If you still see JetPack 3.1, can you please select the “JetPack L4T 3.0” from the top left dropdown list in the Component Manager? If there is any error, can you please paste the screenshot?