JetPack 3.2 — L4T R28.2 Developer Preview for Jetson TX2

Hi cklee, the JetPack install dir is on the host PC that you ran JetPack from. Look for the jetpack_download folder of DEB packages under the directory from which you ran JetPack on the host. You can manually copy the packages from jetpack_download to your Jetson (or have JetPack do it like below).

For JetPack to complete the post-install steps, it needs a network connection to the Jetson (it uses SSH). If you have that in place, you can re-run JetPack from the host, and in the JetPack GUI de-select everything except what is under “Install on Target”. Then JetPack will only perform these post-install steps. If you have trouble, you could also just re-run entire JetPack and setup your Jetson again from scratch.

Thanks! It works now.

Hello, I have some trouble to enquire you. I have released jetson tx2 by using Jetpack 3.2. Then, I can check the cuda version in the terminal, but I didn’t run the cuda 9.0 samples. I have tried some solution given online, so can you give me some suggestion? thank you very much.

Hi 2120160575, the samples should have been installed to the /usr/local/cuda-9.0/samples directory.

If you still can’t find it, you may want to try querying the cuda-samples package from the command line, or running that step of JetPack again.

How do i uninstall OpenCV?
Or is it automatically overwritten if i make a new build from source?

Thanks!

@gustavvz, when you perform the “sudo make install” step of building OpenCV from source, it should be automatically overwritten.

However, if you wanted to remove it from your system in advance, you could run “sudo apt-get remove libopencv” (optionally with --purge).

Worst case, you can just run JetPack again with OpenCV disabled to get a clean slate on your Jetson.

Hi all, is there newer X VIDEO ABI support?

As someone else noticed, the OpenCV 3.3 is built without CUDA or GStreamer support which are major features for many users.

Is there a timeline on when this will be fixed, and/or will the JetPack 3.2 full release include these features?

Also wondering, will the JetPack 3.2 full release have the same OpenCV module available for host as well as Jetson?

There was also a conflict between X11 code enum Status and OpenCV Stitching.hpp enum Status, perhaps that can be resolved in JetPack 3.2 release.

Hi arcangeli, the X.org server version is X11 ABI-20.

Hello

I glad to know if there is JETPACK 3.2 production release date?

Thanks!

Hi. While reading “TEGRA LINUX DRIVER PACKAGE R28.2 DEVELOPER PREVIEW Release Notes”, I notic this:

Bluetooth audio is disabled in this release to ensure that the bluetooth software stack is
conformant in the provided configuration. If you enable additional bluetooth audio profiles,
product conformance may be impacted [200276904].

But our products are using bluetooth headsets as input and output device. So, is that mean we cann’t use our bluetooth headsets on R28.2 any more? Or how can I enable bluetooth audio feature again?

Thanks!

The R28.2 out now is just a pre-release for testing. It is extremely likely that when the production release R28.2 is out bluetooth will be enabled.

To enable BT audio, please follow the below steps:

1. For A2DP: Uncomment the lines as mentioned in the 2 files

/etc/pulse/default.pa.hdmi
/etc/pulse/default.pa.orig

Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware

Uncomment the lines below to load both modules to enable the A2DP bluetooth profile

#.ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
#load-module module-bluetooth-policy
#.endif

#.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
#load-module module-bluetooth-discover
#.endif

1. In file : /etc/system/systemd/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service
    Remove a2dp from the noplugin parameter list. This is allow the a2dp plugin to be loaded and should make the BT speaker work again.
    To be precise, change the line:
    ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -d --noplugin=audio,a2dp,avrcp
    to
    ExecStart=/usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd -d --noplugin=audio,avrcp

Once you make the above 2 changes on your Jetson target device, reboot Jetson device and you should be able to pair and use your BT audio devices.

Would it be possible to add device tree file selection as a linux bootloader argument, like in was in extlinux.conf file in the previous L4T releases? Having it in a separate flash partition is very inconvenient for anyone who does kernel modifications and needs to have ability to alternate boot between multiple kernel/device trees…

-albertr

Found issue:

R28.2 can’t work with my Dell 24 inch 1920x1080 HDMI monitor. The resolution is very low when TX2 is booting. However, when TX2 boot up to the login interface, the monitor shows the HDMI input resolution is not supported.

When I connect TX2 to a 27 inch 2560x1440 HDMI monitor, the resolution is still very low when booting, but when it booted to the login, everything becomes normal.

Hi eyonge,

This is a common issue among various L4T versions, some monitors are more or less supported.
You may try hotplug…Just unplug your hdmi cable and replug, or try to boot without hdmi and plug in only one minute after boot. In some cases it had improved.

You may also get your monitor’s EDID from

cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegradc.0/edid

and check if it’s a valid EDID by pasting this command’s output into http://www.edidreader.com/.

Hi all,

We have made some changes in display driver in rel-28.2 to resolve HDMI boot failure issue(system failure).

Because of the new fix, the console resolution becomes 480p. After x11 is up, it will be set again according to your monitor EDID.

WayneWWW,

Thank you for explanation. We are using TX2 in the environment where its HDMI output connected to the HDMI input of another SOC board. We need to have it always @ 1080p, otherwise the SOC gets confused and won’t negotiate the link. Would it be possible to pass screen resolution as a kernel command line argument (from extlinux.conf or otherwise), so it always be fixed to certain HDMI resolution?

-albertr

Hi albertr,

Please check hardware/nvidia/platform/t18x/quill / kernel-dts/tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-a00-00-base.dts

The 720x480 is set under

hdmi-display {
				status = "disabled";
				nvidia,fbcon-default-mode {
					clock-frequency = <27027000>;
					hactive = <720>;
					vactive = <480>;
					hfront-porch = <16>;
					hback-porch = <60>;
					hsync-len = <62>;
					vfront-porch = <9>;
					vback-porch = <30>;
					vsync-len = <6>;
					nvidia,h-ref-to-sync = <1>;
					nvidia,v-ref-to-sync = <1>;
					vmode = <0x400000>;	/* FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED | FB_VMODE_IS_CEA */
				};

If you remove this part, display should use your edid as we did in rel-28.1. You can also fill in a 1080p video mode in your case.

Thanks! I don’t use 28.2 (still on 28.1), but it’s good to know that it can be changed.

-albertr