Jetpack 3.2 Tegra_multimedia_api backend sample won't run

Hello,

I was unable to run the tegra multimedia api backend sample as desribed at the end of this thread: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1026252/tegra-multimedia-api-samples-readme-seems-to-have-changed-from-jetpack-3-0-to-3-1/

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/tegra_multimedia_api/samples/backend$ ./backend 1 ~/nvidia/tegra_multimedia_api/data/video/sample_outdoor_car_1080p_10fps.h264 H264 \
> --trt-deployfile ~/nvidia/tegra_multimedia_api/data/model/GoogleNet-modified.prototxt \
> --trt-modelfile ~/nvidia/tegra_multimedia_api/data/model/GoogleNet-modified-online_iter_30000.caffemodel \
> --trt-forcefp32 0 \
> --trt-proc-interval 1 -fps 10
parse net failed, exit!

I changed the odd remaining gie-proc-interval to tie-proc-interval, but still get parse net failed, exit.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Hi sherm_jonathan,
Please check the path to h264, deployfile and modelfile.

The command below is running well:

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~/tegra_multimedia_api/samples/backend$ ./backend 1 ../../data/Video/sample_outdoor_car_1080p_10fps.h264 H264 --trt-deployfile ../../data/Model/GoogleNet_one_class/GoogleNet_modified_oneClass_halfHD.prototxt --trt-modelfile ../../data/Model/GoogleNet_one_class/GoogleNet_modified_oneClass_halfHD.caffemodel --trt-forcefp32 0 --trt-proc-interval 1 -fps 10

Indeed it is - thank you!

[b]EDIT: I just needed to have more patience! After a couple of minutes the video came up and it started to work …

[/b]

Hi,

I am running Jetpack 3.3 and the above command just hangs with the messages:

Net has batch_size, channel, net_height, net_width:1 3 540 960
forced_fp32 has been set to 0(using fp16)
outputs coverage
outputs bboxes

If I clean and rebuild with tensorrt disabled then the video plays, but there is no bounding boxes on vehicles.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Alex

hi alex, it takes some time in initializing TensorRt models.

I had same issue as Alex in Jetpack 3.3 & it does indeed take a while for the video to come up. For me, on TX2 , almost 4 minutes.

It is normal. Initialzing TRT models takes certain time.