jetpack 3.3 ip address error

hi, now i’m in trouble that ip address error

error log : jetPack is unable to determine the IP address of the Jetson Developer Kit Failure to run bash command “timeout 100 nc -l 33338” because of error : exit status 3,

Failure to run bash command “timeout 180 nc .1 33338” because of error: exit status 1, nc: Address a1ready in use
Please select which action do you want:

1. Retry

2. Manually enter IP address

next i connect same wifi between ubuntu and Jetson board , but print out same error

how to solve this problem?

WiFi could work, but is not the default (nor preferred) method. I’ll give some information on how networking is usually used, and then try to extend to what you need for WiFi. This all assumes the development kit and not a custom carrier board (additional BSP files would be required for a different carrier board).

In a running system (not in recovery mode, but fully booted) the micro-OTG connector is able to accept either a type-A plug or a type-B plug, and a detect pin tells the o/s which type is connected. When used with type-A, then the o/s expects device will be connected, e.g., a keyboard or mouse. When the type-B is connected, it is expected that the port will itself become one or more devices, and that the type-A end (all USB are either type-A at one end and type-B at the other end…even USB-C does this through some extra wiring trickery). The default software creates a network device with address 192.168.55.1 if the host computer plugs into this. The supplied micro-B USB cable is such a cable and works for this purpose.

When a host sees that device it can create a connection through it. The DHCP on the Jetson will assign address 192.168.55.100 at the host side. So in theory the host can ping 192.168.55.1 and see the Jetson, or the Jetson can ping 192.168.55.100 and see the host.

WiFi has a lot of extra setup, but if you connect through either the emulated wired ethernet of the micro-B USB, or if you use the actual wired ethernet port, then extra packages get installation over this using ssh. In the case of knowing the wired ethernet port’s address you could enter this into the JetPack/SDK Manager GUI as the address. In the case of the virtual wired ethernet over the micro-B USB cable, then you could enter address 192.168.55.1.

Regardless of which address used, you must have an account on the Jetson before ssh can be used to install files. This requires an actual keyboard/monitor on the Jetson upon first boot after flash (which prompts to create a user). I will assume below that you did this, and that the user name is “ubuntu”.

As a test, assuming address 192.168.55.1 (it could instead be the WiFi address if and only if you’ve set this up after flash, or it could be the wired ethernet port address), this would indicate a route to the host via that address:

ping 192.168.55.1

If you have a route, then you could try to log in to your account (remember I am assuming the account you created is named “ubuntu”):

ssh ubuntu@192.168.55.1

If that works, then you can use that address in JetPack/SDK Manager when it asks for the address. If you’ve set up WiFi and are able to ping and ssh to that address, then you could use this instead of another address (this is still discouraged since it is a lot of data and WiFi is not known for reliability).

If you can ping the WiFi, but get an error with ssh, then we could debug ssh. If you cannot ping, then a route is missing, and on both host and Jetson we’d need to see the output of:

ifconfig
iwconfig
route