JetPack 4.0 Developer Preview Early Access for Jetson AGX Xavier

NVIDIA is pleased to announce that JetPack 4.0 Developer Preview Early Access is now available for Jetson Xavier. This is an Early Access release of JetPack 4.0 Developer Preview, supporting the new Jetson Xavier Developer Kit. Pre-ordered shipments of the Jetson Xavier Developer Kit are commencing shortly. Please see the Jetson Xavier Developer Kit User Guide for an overview of developer kit features, along with setup and software install instructions.

JetPack 4.0 Developer Preview EA components:

• L4T R31.0.1
  • Ubuntu 18.04 LTS aarch64
  • CUDA 10.0
  • cuDNN 7.3
  • TensorRT 5.0 RC
  • VisionWorks 1.6
  • OpenCV 3.3.1

Release Highlights:

• Initial Linux BSP support for Jetson Xavier with L4T R31.0.1
  • Support for Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04 on the host
  • Support for Ubuntu 18.04 on the target (Unity desktop is kept as default for this release)
  • TensorRT 5.0 support for GPU INT8, and CUDA HMMA/IMMA Tensor Core operations
  • TensorRT 5.0 initial EA support for DLA FP16

Download JetPack…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack
Release Notes…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack-notes
L4T Release Notes…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-release-notes-31-0-1
L4T R31.0.1 Page…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra

Are there plans for 18.04 on TX2?

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris, support for 18.04 on TX2 is planned for a future release of JetPack.

My TX2 keeps popping up a message at boot to upgrade to 18.04. Is this viable or will it come with new jetpack?

Never use the Ubuntu mechanism for distribution upgrade. You’ll need to use JetPack or the driver package for any upgrade.

Hi there, do you know where can we get the release notes on TensorRT 5.0? I had submitted a bug report regarding the deconv layers on trt and was waiting on that one.

Cuda 10 is not installing on my Jetson Xavier via Jetpack LT4 4.0. Has anyone else experienced this issue? This is what the log says:

Configuration file '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cuda-10-0-local-10.0.117.list', does not exist on system.
Installing new config file as you requested.
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

Nevermind. I re-flashed the jetson and everything works fine.

In my attempt to install the software before the module arrives,
I get this error. System information is below.

Installing OpenCV 3.3.1 failed.

Return Code: 1
Error: libopencv-python libopencv-samples cannot be installed on host. Please manually run following command in terminal to install packages before continuing:
sudo apt install -y /home/tomacorp/nvidia/jetpack_download/16.04/libopencv_3.3.1_amd64.deb /home/tomacorp/nvidia/jetpack_download/16.04/libopencv-dev_3.3.1_amd64.deb /home/tomacorp/nvidia/jetpack_download/16.04/libopencv-python_3.3.1_amd64.deb /home/tomacorp/nvidia/jetpack_download/16.04/libopencv-samples_3.3.1_amd64.deb

I tried running this command manually and it failed with this error:
Preparing to unpack …/libopencv-dev_3.3.1_amd64.deb …
Unpacking libopencv-dev (3.3.1) over (2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) …
dpkg: error processing archive /home/tomacorp/nvidia/jetpack_download/16.04/libopencv-dev_3.3.1_amd64.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/usr/include/opencv/cvaux.hpp’, which is also in package libcvaux-dev:amd64 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/tomacorp/nvidia/jetpack_download/16.04/libopencv-dev_3.3.1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I restarted the installer and selected to install only OpenCV.

Here is the end of the log file:
/home/tomacorp/nvidia//_installer/run_command -c=“apt install -y /home/tomacorp/nvidia/jetpack_download/16.04/libopencv-samples_3.3.1_amd64.deb” -d=/home/tomacorp/nvidia//_installer/tmp -l=/home/tomacorp/nvidia/_installer/logs//opencv_host_sample.log

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

Reading package lists…
Building dependency tree…
Reading state information…
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libcvaux-dev : Depends: libopencv-core-dev but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-imgproc-dev but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-features2d-dev but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-calib3d-dev but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-objdetect-dev but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-legacy-dev but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-video-dev but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-contrib-dev but it is not installed
libhighgui-dev : Depends: libopencv-highgui-dev but it is not installed
libopencv-dev : Depends: libopencv-core-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-ml-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-imgproc-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-video-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-objdetect-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-highgui-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-calib3d-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-flann-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-features2d-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-legacy-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-contrib-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-ts-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-photo-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-videostab-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-stitching-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-gpu-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-superres-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libopencv-ocl-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
Depends: libcv-dev (= 2.4.9.1+dfsg-1.5ubuntu1) but it is not installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

System information:
Ubuntu 16.04 31.4 GiB memory, Intel® Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8, Graphics NV106, Disk 950GB, plenty of free space.
Linux dfspxxxx-XPS-8900 4.4.0-135-generic #161-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 27 10:45:01 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

LSB Version: core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-amd64:security-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Release: 16.04
Codename: xenial

Hi tomacorp, does running “sudo apt-get -f install” allow you to proceed? If you aren’t able to build OpenCV from source, you may want to post this in a separate topic for follow-up from the JetPack team. Thanks.

Yes, I am able to proceed after
sudo apt-get -f install

What fooled me was that when I ran the installer again to get the other packages, the installer uninstalled OpenCV and stopped, and I needed to
sudo apt-get -f install
again.

Next I set the installer OpenCV Package Action to ‘no action,’ and the installer was able to proceed.
If this is how it is supposed to work, it would be nice to have it in the release notes.

I will file this in https://developer.nvidia.com/content/jetpack-feedback
Oops, I got a 403 forbidden on the jetpack-feedback form (and lost my message!)
Where should I post a topic about the problem and the work-around?

Thanks,
Tom

You can post it here to the Jetson Xavier forum, which covers JetPack issues too. That condition shouldn’t be required for everyone, so your feedback is useful for others who may encounter it.

Reading the log file, this is the error:

libcvaux-dev:amd64

(This is for the host install, which isn’t strictly necessary.)

Apparently, you need to

apt remove libcvaux-dev

before you install the CV provided with jetpack.

I am unable to download the: JetPack 4.0 Developer Preview EA

from the link found on: https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads#?search=jetpack%204.0

I get the following error:

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at https://developer.download.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/tools/files/jetpack_4.0/01/EA/JetPack-L4T-4.0-linux-x64-b188.run?rMIKEd4hnOB__keXJozB13HQY_Ca1J162BYfGhkO3yT4ridUo7y5mQpCS-jLXC-vgAEJqkc0pWToIudkY0kbhKp9gKwqtFPUlj1gal-S4FvY85QmiyCCXW4IMe69tleR-hdEFsrip6Mkx6Ny6nmfbdhRbQbvZGw38EUClLZ3Cp4gvSk2fwY3wfnIROWnmmZMYteAMW5K might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

thx!

Hi mdd7p9k3, we are currently experiencing an issue with the server and working to resolve it. Stay tuned.

We are getting the HTTP 404 Not found error here in US when trying to download it. Is there any alternative location it can be downloaded from?

-albertr

It seems that the issue have’t been resolved so far.

I am not able to download Jetpack 4 as well. Seem like the site is down.

Yes, IT is still working to restore the server / CDN service, hopefully it will be back up later today. Sorry about that.

Hi guys, the JetPack server has been restored. We refreshed the CDN, so if you have problems downloading, please clear your browser cache or try incognito mode.