JetPack 4.2 — L4T R32.1 release for Jetson AGX Xavier, Jetson TX2, and Jetson Nano

Are there any apt repositories hosted by NVIDIA that would allow a simple dockerization of a cross-compilation environment rather than using sdk-manager to first download the offline apt repos then install the full offline repos and then install the cross-compilation environment ?
It was still possible with CUDA8 for TX2 at some point in the past using the http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu1604/x86_64/ nvidia provided apt repository but it does not seem to be possible anymore.

I cannot get SDK to install,

nick@nick-nuc:~/SDK$ sudo apt install ./sdkmanager_0.9.12-4180_amd64
E: Unsupported file ./sdkmanager_0.9.12-4180_amd64 given on commandline
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?

my machine may be updating :(

I got this error while using Jetpack 4.2 for my Xavier (code: P2972)
It seems the zip file corrupted, I tried to delete all download files and restart, but same result.
And the SDK Manager said that it for Xavier P2888 (not P2972).

Any help?

15:40:48 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson AGX :
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : bzip2: Data integrity error when decompressing.
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX :
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : You can use the `bzip2recover' program to attempt to recover
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.
15:40:48 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson AGX : tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
15:40:48 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson AGX : tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : exit status 2
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : [ Package Install Finished with Error ]
15:40:48 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson AGX : NV_L4T_DRIVERS_XAVIER_COMP command /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_DRIVERS_XAVIER_COMP.sh finished with error
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : [ 46.15 MB used. Disk Avail: 126.23 GB ]
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : [ NV_L4T_DRIVERS_XAVIER_COMP Install took 4s ]
15:40:48 INFO : Drivers for Jetson AGX : command /tmp/tmp_NV_L4T_DRIVERS_XAVIER_COMP.sh finished with error
15:40:48 ERROR : Drivers for Jetson AGX : command terminated with error

I need to restore my Xavier…

I’m trying to flash my Xavier using SDK Manager 0.9.12.4180 and JetPack 4.2.
When arrive at 14% I receive this message: 11-07-19-16-50-Office-Lens-2 — ImgBB

“LOST CONNECTION”

After that Appear this view: 11-07-19-16-50-Office-Lens — ImgBB

But by connecting the HDMI cable at Xavier, the System Configuration wizard does not appear.

Any solution?

Thanks

@icce: bzip2 may have an error in it from an Ubuntu update:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1056381/jetson-agx-xavier/jetpack-4-2-xavier-install-failed/
(this would be a host side failure…follow the directions there to get a working bzip2)

@andrea_vighi: The image you have shows flash completed and starting extra package install. Are you saying this program doesn’t show extra package install steps if you have HDMI connected? Basically, after a flash, there are no user accounts. The first login (requiring an actual HDMI monitor and keyboard) is how you create that account (and with that account extra package install steps can proceed).

yes, I keep the hdmi cable connected during the flash operation but at the end I don’t see anything on the screen…
And if I reboot there is still the old installation

@andrea_vighi: You should probably start a new thread. However, there are many reasons for a successfully flashed board to fail video configuration. If you can, start a new thread and provide a log of the boot via serial console. Serial console requires using the micro-B USB cable and connecting with settings “115200 8N1”.

You might monitor “dmesg --follow” on the host while connecting the cable. It actually has more than one virtual USB device on it. My Fedora system is able to identify the correct port via:

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_Quad_RS232-HS-if03-port0

If you were to use gtkterm (“sudo apt-get install gtkterm”), then this can log for you, and you’d start it something like this:

gtkterm -b 8 -t 1 -s 115200 -p /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_Quad_RS232-HS-if03-port0

Ok but if flash operation is complete, why if I reboot the Xavier, I stil have old Installation?

How can I force the restore?
I want to delete all files.

Thanks

Flash replaces with a combination of the sample rootfs (pure Ubuntu), plus NVIDIA-specific drivers. If the original filesystem was not replaced, then flash did not occur. However, if on the host you have modified the “Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/” content, then this content gets replicated to the flashed Jetson.

A “lost connection”, if it means lost USB during flash, would also validate that flash didn’t occur. The serial console is how you can verify this for certain, and at times debug why there is a failure. Quite often lost connection is due to using a VM. Is the host a native install, or a VM? VMs require extra work to make sure that the guest o/s maintains ownership of USB even as it disconnects and reconnects.

If you fail to see content on the HDMI cable of the Xavier after a flash, consider that it is common for HDMI to need configuration or details of the monitor examined even when the flash and install is otherwise 100% valid. The serial console can identify if it is really a boot issue or HDMI issue.

I would advise the community not to install 4.2.2 it is significantly underperforming in comparison to 4.1.1. I don’t know what changed, likely something with clocks.

So… when is 4.2.3 going to be released?

When should we expect Jetpack 4.3 with Tensort 6.0 support?

There is a preview release of TensorRT 6.0 for Jetson Xavier available here - https://developer.nvidia.com/jetpack-4_3_DP

The official release of JetPack 4.3 is tentatively planned for around the end of the year.