Jetpack 4.2 Xavier Install Failed

Is this solution working for anyone? I attempted it as is and received the same errors although when I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH to the values in my .bashrc the install was successful leading me to believe that sdkmanager spawns another shell. Unless I’m missing something and passing the env variables via cmd line works as is for others.

I tried this solution and it did not work for me either. I have the exact version of bzip2 installed on my system as well.

Could you please tell me what exactly you put in your .bashrc that made the installation work?

Sorry, I have been away from this thread, I had found my problem to be two-fold. I also did not have enough disk space for all of my packages after that was resolved this script worked for me. This should be run in its own directory and sdkmanager must be added to your $PATH. if sdkmanager is not in your path you will have to change line 51. Please read through the script before you run it and make sure it will work with your setup. Currently, the script uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH locally but there are parts of the script commented out for adding it to your bashrc and then removing it when its done. I’m unsure if this is even an issue with the update though.

#!/bin/bash

#Copyright (C) 2019 by Braedon O'Meara braedon@rizse.io

#Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any purpose with or without fee is hereby granted.
#THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN
#NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
#WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

#Can change
#Directory to install bzip2, default where this script is
BZIP2_DIR="$PWD/bzip2"
#Director to your bashrc or whatever you use for shell env variables
BASHRC_PATH="$HOME/.bashrc"

#Don't change
EXPORT_LD="export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BZIP2_DIR/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:\$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
EXPORT_PATH="export PATH=$BZIP2_DIR/bin:\$PATH"
SCRIPT_DIR="$PWD"

#Ubuntu 16.04 uses 1.0.6-8.1
#Ubuntu 18.04 uses 1.0.6-8
LIB_VERSION="1.0.6-8.1"
BZ2_QUERY="304378504"
LIB_QUERY="304378505"

if [ "$LIB_VERSION" == "1.0.6-8" ]; then
	LIB_QUERY="206950098"
	BZ2_QUERY="206950099"
fi
if !(test -d $BZIP2_DIR); then
	mkdir -p $BZIP2_DIR
fi

cd $BZIP2_DIR
if !(test -f "./bzip2_${LIB_VERSION}_amd64.deb"); then

wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/${BZ2_QUERY}/bzip2_${LIB_VERSION}_amd64.deb
	dpkg -x ./bzip2_${LIB_VERSION}_amd64.deb .
fi

if !(test -f "./libbz2-1.0_${LIB_VERSION}_amd64.deb"); then
	wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/${LIB_QUERY}/libbz2-1.0_${LIB_VERSION}_amd64.deb
	dpkg -x ./libbz2-1.0_${LIB_VERSION}_amd64.deb .
fi
cd $SCRIPT_DIR

#echo $EXPORT_LD >> $BASHRC_PATH
#echo $EXPORT_PATH >> $BASHRC_PATH

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BZIP2_DIR/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH PATH=$BZIP2_DIR/bin:$PATH sdkmanager

#grep -v "$EXPORT_PATH" $BASHRC_PATH > ./temp && mv temp $BASHRC_PATH
#grep -v "$EXPORT_LD" $BASHRC_PATH > ./temp && mv temp $BASHRC_PATH