JetPack 4.3 - L4T R32.3.1 released

Hi @Mike, we will be posting the TF 1.x installer for JetPack 4.4 soon (this week), so please stay tuned.

Hi Dusty

Thanks for your information.

After uninstalling JetPack 4.4 DP and installing JetPack 4.3, the system is stuck in JetPack 4.3 with the Error of VisionWorks on Host. I flashed many times on the TX2, it incurred the same error. Because Flash Jetson OS is ok, the TX2 can turn on.

In the meantime, how to solve the Error of VisionWorks on Host and complete the JetPack 4.3 installation?

Considering your tensorflow is not ready for JetPack 4.4 DP and might have other dependency problems. It would be much better to install JetPack 4.3.

Please give me an advice.

Best regards

Mike

Is this the same error that you get? Libvisionworks 1.6.0.500n*

If so, you may want to keep an eye on that topic for updates, and in the meantime skip VisionWorks from the selection in SDK Manager.

Hi Dusty:

Yes, It is the same error message.

Even though VisionWorks on Host has Error(Installed error), I do the re-installation again according to your suggestion. Please see the following results/findings.

I continue the re-installation: Flash Jetson OS → Flash Jetson TX2. After installing the OS, I find out all TARGET COMPONENTS (including VisionWorks on Target) are installed.
The VisionWorks on Target has the size of 89.7 MB. I also check the directory of usr/share/visionworks, usr/share/visionworks-sfm, usr/share/visionworks-trakcing. Their sizes are respectively 60.8MB, 23.3 MB, 13.1 MB. It seems that VisionWorks on Target has been installed.

But I am wondering that SDK Manager pops up the message INSTALLATION FAILED.
Please review the terminal tab for details. Resolve and RETRY. There are two options RETRY FAILED ITEMS and STOP TRYING for selection.

I use jetson-stats to check the TX2 INFO listed as follows.

• JetPack: 4.3 [L4T 32.3.1]

• Boards:

• Boards: P3310-1000 (…)
    • GPU-Arch: 6.2
  • Libraries:

• CUDA: 10.0.326
    • VisionWorks: 1.6.0.500n

That means that SDK Manager reminds the INSTALLATION FAILED but actually the TARGET COMPONENTS have been installed.

So I think that it is the bug that incurs a big trouble. It makes developers who worries the installation.

Best regards,

Mike

Since all the target components have been installed to your Jetson, if you don’t care about VisionWorks on host (i.e. for cross-development), then you can stop trying to install it on the host.

The TensorFlow wheels for JetPack 4.4 Developer Preview have now been posted, you can find them here: