JetPack 4.4 - L4T R32.4.3 production release

first you would need an updated sdkmanager
sdkmanager_1.2.0-6733_amd64.deb
second you would have to select target etc; I prefer headless method:

sudo sdkmanager --cli install --user name@mail.com --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.4 --targetos Linux --host --target P2888-0001 --flash all --targetimagefolder /home/nvidia/Downloads/nvidia/installation_agx --downloadfolder /home/nvidia/Downloads/nvidia

the tail with folder paths can be omitted or customized, as well as the target and other values

After flashing Jetson OS only from SDKM, to bring other JePack SDK components
Please refer to below section in JetPack documentation:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/jetpack/install-jetpack/index.html#package-management-tool

you would need to do below from Jetson
sudo apt update
sudo apt install nvidia-jetpack

But if you are upgrading from JetPack 4.4 DP, you will need to upgrade L4T as you did
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
and then install nvidia-jetpack again
sudo apt install nvidia-jetpack

We were able to repdroduce the issue even after following the above steps. We are looking into fixing it.
Thank you.

It’s a long Jetson-day.
I’m still working to reinstall using 4.4.
Glad to see you got my crash issue, while upgrading for others.
My best to the Xavier-Community, from Italy!

1 Like

Please, now that the apt-get install nvidia-jetpack ended

Package: nvidia-jetpack
Version: 4.4-b186
Architecture: arm64
Maintainer: NVIDIA Corporation
Installed-Size: 194

is there any further set up to make, for example I added to /home/xxx/.bashrc

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin${PATH:+:${PATH}}$ 
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib64${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}}

otherwise no nvcc was found.

Thanks for helping us.

Hi ToTheFuture,

What is your current status? Are you able to boot up now?

If you cannot, please dump the serial console log and share it here.

https://elinux.org/Jetson/General_debug

Hi @Andrey1984, yes, it is at nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-base:r32.4.3. The ML containers (l4t-ml, l4t-pytorch, l4t-tensorflow) have also been updated for R32.4.3.

Hi all,
Yes 4.4 and OS are installed and working after regular and complete boot, both headless and with HDMI display, with WiFi and Eth0 and usbC net.
I’m going to install tensorflow for 4.4 (or is it in ?)
I’ve reinstalled Bluetooth for my Apple Keyboard and Magic Mouse, Minoru usb stereo cam should work with v4l and OpenCV 4.3 should be installed for my purpose as before.
I’ve to mount my disks, as well.
All seems to work again and updated .
Thank you .
JetsonHacks should update his Jetsoninfo.py to get all info.
Than jetson-inference and jetson-reinforcement demos to run as working test.
Many thanks

Hi,

If anyone get system stuck after running OTA update, please refer to this thread.

Please, I need to upgrade 7 Jetson Xavier, but the modules are running without internet access and I need to manual install. But I’m not finding a link to download the Jetpack 4.4 for manual install.
More specifically I need the Cudnn 8 version needed by the Tensorflow 2.2.0.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Your issue sounds like you didn’t try sdkmanager before.

Please check the link:

Quite happy with this straight installation from SKD Manager (running on another Ubuntu 18.04)
I also change the the GUI for my Xavier board to Gnome 3 for familiarity

Hi,

I can boot up the device now after step 1. However, the device stuck again after step 4.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I try with sdkmanager a lot of times, but get an error:

[375:0714/001000.136120:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I’m aborting now. You need to make sure that /opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.

I’ll try one more time with the command line informed by Andrey1984 above.

Hi Alex,
Could you check the permission of this file with "ls -l /opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/chrome-sandbox " command? By default we don’t need manually change permission for this file. Is it possible that the /opt/nvidia/sdkmanager directory is on a file system which is NOT ext4 format?

Hi,

Does this release fix A/B (bup) updates when flashed using SBK? - ref

what is the status of boot from nvme? flash to nvme in the latest release?
Is that something that is anticipated in upcoming releases or have been integrated already?

The latest release does not support boot from NVME. Boot from NVME is currently being targetted for the next release.

The permission is correct:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5581136 Jul 2 04:16 /opt/nvidia/sdkmanager/chrome-sandbox
But the fileystem don`t is ext4, it’s instaled in WSL.
The former version run in WSL perfectly.
But don’t worry, I was able to run with the command line above:

sudo sdkmanager --cli install --user name@mail.com --logintype devzone --product Jetson --version 4.4 --targetos Linux --host --target P2888-0001 --flash all --targetimagefolder /home/nvidia/Downloads/nvidia/installation_agx --downloadfolder /home/nvidia/Downloads/nvidia

and download all the files I need.

Thank you.