Jetpack 5.0 Kconfig syntax warning

Build warning due to missing end quotes in Kconfig. Please issue a patch.

Warning:
/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src/kernel/nvidia/drivers/misc/Kconfig:116:warning: multi-line strings not supported

less -N kernel/nvidia/drivers/misc/Kconfig

115 source "drivers/misc/eventlib/Kconfig"
116 source "drivers/misc/nvscic2c-pcie/Kconfig << end quote missing.
117 source "drivers/misc/nvsciipc/Kconfig"

Did you have any modification.
The default kernel source had verified without problem.

I updated the nvbuild.sh script and it takes .JSON configuration file as input where the linux dtb file and defconfig file is mentioned. Apart from the there are no other changes, but errors are from pinctrl file.
nvbuild.sh (4.1 KB)

Have confirm update the toolchain. I just verified without problem on my host PC.

This is a syntax warning I’m pointing out. Some dev was sloppy and it wasn’t caught in code review. It should be fixed. Whether using gcc-9-aarch64-linux-gnu or the custom bootlin gcc 9.3 this warning will show up. Here is the beginning of the build output using the bootlin 9.3 gcc toolchain. The warning is output:

bob@booger:/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src$ mkdir build_output
bob@booger:/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src$ export CROSS_COMPILE=/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/toolchain/bin/aarch64-linux-
bob@booger:/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src$ export CROSS_COMPILE_AARCH64=/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/toolchain/bin/aarch64-linux-
bob@booger:/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src$ export CROSS_COMPILE_AARCH64_PATH=/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/toolchain/bin/aarch64-linux-
bob@booger:/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src$ ./nvbuild.sh -o $PWD/build_output
Building kernel-5.10 sources
make: Entering directory ‘/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src/kernel/kernel-5.10’
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src/build_output’
GEN Makefile
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/confdata.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/expr.o
LEX scripts/kconfig/lexer.lex.c
YACC scripts/kconfig/parser.tab.[ch]
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/lexer.lex.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/parser.tab.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/preprocess.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/symbol.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/util.o
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/conf.o
HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/conf
/disk1/nvidia/nvidia_5.0_preview/kernel-5.10-src/kernel/nvidia/drivers/misc/Kconfig:116:warning: multi-line strings not supported

OK, so the kernel still build successful finally?

Hi Shane – Thank you for your assistance; it’s appreciated. In this thread I’m reporting a Kconfig syntax warning that should be fixed. That’s it. I have a separate thread to report dtsi include issues I’m seeing that prevent dtbs Makefile target from running to completion with “stock” “as-released” sources. I’ve added the missing nvethernetrm symlink as noted in another 5.0 DP thread and can successfully build a 5.10 kernel image using both gcc-9-aarch64-linux-gnu as well as the bootlin 9.3 gcc toolchain.