JetPack 5.1.2 , the latest production release for Jetson is now live! JetPack 5.1.2 adds support for Jetson AGX Orin Industrial module and brings new features in bootloader, camera, security and OTA. JetPack 5.1.2 includes the same version of compute stack as JetPack 5.1.1 but upgrades VPI to VPI 2.3. JetPack 5.1.2 supports all Jetson Xavier and Orin modules and developer kits.
JetPack 5.1.2 includes Jetson Linux 35.4.1 with following highlights:
(Please read Jetson Linux Release notes for more details and list of known issues)
- Adds support for Jetson AGX Orin Industrial module
- Enhanced error resiliency for improved stability in Argus
- Support for multiple camera synchronization (sample argus_syncstereo added)
- Deskew calibration support for high data rate sensors (> 1.5 Gbps)
- Support for alternating exposures in Argus (sample argus_userAlternatingAutoexposure added)
- Deprecated Nvbuf_utils is removed. Refer to migration guide to migrate from Nvbuf_utils to NvUtils.
- Support for up to 3 signing keys to sign bootloader in secure boot and ability to revoke the keys
- Ability to add and revoke UEFI signing keys
- Enhanced secure boot for encrypting kernel, kernel-dtb and initrd
- Support for signing kernel modules
- Support for delegated authentication with ability to sign UEFI with platform vendor owned keys
- Support in disk encryption for encrypting only User Data Partition (UDA) and runtime enabling encryption of UDA partitions
- Over The Air Updates:
- Support for Jetson Orin NX and Jetson Orin Nano in Image based OTA tools
Please note that, we had deprecated Nvbuf_utils in JetPack 5 last year and with this release, we are removing Nvbuf_utils. Refer to migration guide to migrate from Nvbuf_utils to NvUtils.
Installing JetPack 5.1.2
You can install JetPack 5.1.2 using multiple ways:
- Using SDK Manager: Install JetPack 5.1.2 using SDK Manager on any Jetson Orin and Xavier modules.
- SDCard Image: If you are using Jetson Orin Nano Developer Kit or Jetson Xavier NX Developer kit, then you can use the SDCard image from JetPack 5.1.2 page.
- Flashing Scripts: Download the Jetson Linux tar balls from Jetson Linux 35.4.1 page and use flashing scripts to flash. Refer to QuickStart section in Jetson Linux Developer Guide.
- Debian Packages: After flashing Jetson Linux, you can install the rest of the JetPack using apt commands. Please refer JetPack documentation
To upgrade from a previous version of JetPack 5 using debian packages, refer to JetPack documentation.
JetPack 5.1.2 Components
- Jetson Linux 35.3.1
- CUDA 11.4.19
- TensorRT 8.5.2
- cuDNN 8.6.0
- VPI 2.3
- OpenCV 4.5.4
- Vulkan 1.3
- Nsight Systems 2022.5
- Nsight Graphics 2022.6
- Nsight DLD/Compute 2022.2