Jetpack 6.0 boot stuck on "A start job is running for Wait until snapd is fully seeded"

I am trying to flash my AGX Orin devkit with a compiled kernel and modules (unmodified source). I followed the steps in the developer guide:

1. Download and extract BSP, toolchain, and rootfs
  2. Sync sources from the git server with source_sync.sh
  3. Compile kernel, modules, and dtbs according to instructions in “Kernel Customization”
  4. Flash device with these commands:
cd Linux_for_Tegra
sudo ./apply_binaries.sh
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit mmcblk0p1

Everything up to this point works without issue. When the device is finished flashing I reboot it and it eventually gets stuck. On screen I see

[***  ] A start job is running for Wait until snapd is fully seeded (10min 7s / no limit)

And in serial comm it is prompting me to login in as “localhost”

Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS localhost.localdomain ttyTCU0
localhost login: 

which is impossible because there is no default login. The oem config screen never comes up to let me create a user.

Here is the full boot log:
bootlog.txt (25.1 KB)

I cannot use SDK Manager because I plan on customizing this image in the future but for now I need a working base image to start with.

Can you please try this before flashing?
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.3/DeveloperGuide/SD/FlashingSupport.html#skipping-oem-config

Also, please run sudo ./apply_binaries.sh before building kernel.
Or your new customized kernel image will be replaced with the stock one in our BSP.

Thank you, after I ran apply_binaries.sh before the compile process the oem configuration now comes up successfully on boot.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.