JetPack 6.0 Production Release, Jetpack instructions missing step for when to take the device out of force recovery mode

I am using these new instructions posted with the JetPack 6 installation documentation using SDK Manager:
Install Jetson Software with SDK Manager — SDK Manager 2.1.0 documentation (nvidia.com)

I am using Jetson Orin Nano and Orin NX, I am manually putting them in Force Recovery Mode using jumper on appropriate pins.

I know the device has to be in Force Recovery Mode for it to be detectable via SDK manager, but when do we need to take it out of force recovery mode " remove the jumper wire from the pins".

Sorry, didn’t get what is the exact question here. Could you elaborate more?

Thank you for your reply. In the NVIDIA instructions in the link at beginning of this post, for installing Jetpack 6.0 via SDM Manager on Jetson devices, there is a step to “put the device in Force Recovery Mode”. I understand that step and am able to put the Jetson into Force Recovery Mode.

The missing part is the instructions do not tell us when to take the device out of Force Recovery Mode during the Jetpack 6.0 Installation process via SDK Manager…
In the case of the Jetson Orin Nano, that would be where we remove the jumper between the appropriate pins that manually put the device in Force Recovery Mode.

We need to know when to remove those jumper wires from the pins, subsequently taking the Jetson out of force recovery mode.

I believe the device needs to come out of Force Recovery Mode during a certain step in the process such as possibly when the SDK manager reaches “install SDK components” step, but I am uncertain on this because there is no step telling us when to take it out of force recovery mode.

Here are the NVIDIA instructions I am following, that are missing the step described above: Install Jetson Software with SDK Manager — SDK Manager 2.1.0 documentation

You can remove the jumper when the flash process is done. It is not a hurry process that must be done in a period. Just remove it after when Jetson starts the first boot.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.