JetPack-L4T-3.1 installation failed (reopen)

Can someone repost the binary from this post:

I’m having the same error as this post but the file doesn’t exist anymore.

I can’t help with posting old content, but thought I’d add some URLs which might help. Note that in those listings JetPack/SDK Manager is the front end installer software, while L4T is what actually gets flashed. In the earliest of releases there was no GUI front end, just command line (L4T is just Ubuntu plus NVIDIA drivers, and command line is known as the “driver package” plus sample rootfs).

This is a list of JetPack/SDK Manager releases, and you’ll see the most recent one which supports a TK1 is JetPack 3.1 (which is tied to flash of a particular L4T release):
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack-archive

This lists the L4T releases:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetson-linux-archive

Note that the JetPack URL listing sometimes shows it is valid for a TK1 related to an L4T release which might not actually show as valid for a TK1 if you refer to the L4T URL. JetPack 3.1 shows as valid for a TK1, and flashes L4T R21.5. However, the latest L4T release for a TK1 is R21.8, which is slightly newer, but has no JetPack release for GUI install.

To get the latest L4T release I’ll suggest command line install of R21.8, and then use JetPack 3.1 with flash disabled and only optional packages, e.g., CUDA enabled, with flash itself disabled.

If you flash with purely command line, then newer JetPack/SDKM releases install some content for you in standardized locations, but the older manual install of L4T flashing means you would do this at a location with about 35 GB (or preferably more) of ext4 disk space:

1. Unpack the “driver package” without sudo. This produces subdirectory “Linux_for_Tegra/”. The L4T release page provides this driver package.
  2. Within “Linux_for_Tegra/”, there exists subdirectory “rootfs/”. This is where you unpack what will become the image being flashed, so it is a copy of the entire Ubuntu/Linux operating system. This is done using “sudo” while unpacking the “sample rootfs” package. The L4T release page gives this “sample rootfs” package.
  3. Older releases used a default login name/pass. I think it was “nvidia”/“nvidia”, but it might have been “ubuntu”/“ubuntu” in some releases? Been a long time. Newer releases have a first boot account setup instead.
  4. Once it is flashed and has a password, you could then run the most recent JetPack/SDKM, skip flash (items can be deselected for flash), and only install the parts you want.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.