Jetson AGX Xavier constantly rebooting due to custom systemctl service

Hello everyone,

I am currently facing an issue with the Jetson being stuck in a reboot loop due to writing a script and custom service. I wrote a script that would run and if it failed, would reboot the Jetson attempting to run again successfully; written something like this.

I have tried:

1. Quickly pressing shift, Esc, and Ctrl + Alt + F2 to try stopping the service from being run

2. Putting the Jetson in recovery mode and attempting to use the SDK manager to access the files

I would appreciate any and all help that I could get, I figure that this is a silly mistake and would appreciate any insight.

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry that I am not sure what is the solution you want us to provide… How about just reflash your device?

I feel your problem here is you don’t actually know what recovery mode is doing, right…?

Recovery mode is putting the device into a state that the host machine is able to flash it… Under such mode, the board is basically a brick, so you won’t be able to access it …

If systemd is calling for immediate restart then there isn’t much you can do. You could clone the content prior to reflashing, and then edit the reboot systemd content before flashing with the clone (you’d get everything back, but with the edited content). This takes a lot of time and disk space, but it means you wouldn’t need to recustomize anything you set up prior to this. Is this an eMMC model? Which L4T or JetPack release?

I’m not positive if the JetPack 5.x is cloning correctly (someone can comment), but a typical clone for an Xavier AGX, from the host PC at the “Linux_for_Tegra/” directory, is:
sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G my_clone.img jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1

The above would produce a “sparse” image, “my_clone.img”, and also a “raw” image, “my_clone.img.raw”. You can loopback mount and edit the raw image, and then either use this directly (longer flashing time), or produce a sparse image from this and flash the sparse image (not the original cloned sparse image, but one generated from the edited raw image). More information can be given if you are interested in this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.