Jetson housing

Hello,

I want to place Jetson outside. What housing would you recommend? Are there any solutions where I can place one-board computer and it will maintain suitable environment regardless of outside temperature, humidity, dustines, …?

Thanks.

Hi Mikina

Please note that our long term storage spec is as 18C ~ 30C @ 30% ~ 70%RH.
We are preparing a reliability report which contains humidity information. It will be published in the next few weeks.

This is the spec reference for you to design the housing to place it outside.

Thanks

@kayccc - The range 18-30C is incredibly narrow and would never be acceptable for an outdoor product. Are you sure this is correct? In most of the US the nightly low temperature is < 18C most nights. In the south and west the daily high temp is above 30C every day for months at a time.

An outdoor camera would typically be rated more like -30 to +60C. Please see [url]Unique Quality - Made in Germany for an example.

The spec sheet says -25C to 85C operating temperature but doesn’t list humidity. I think kayccc is referring to powered off long term storage.

there was a small printed quick start guide that came with my jetson and it lists an ambient operating temperature range of min 0C and a maximum of 50C as “recommended operating conditions”

Hi sperok,

I thought you should check the module datasheet already, so I replied with the info that are not listed.
The recommended operating conditions are provided at module datasheet doc, you can find -25C to 85C operating temperature and -40C to 80C Storage Temperature from Physical / Electrical Characteristics
section, but no humidity info yet.

And, thanks for the supplementary explanation by AlexP312 and dkryder, it does help.

Thanks