Jetson-inference build from source

Hello,

probably a dumb question but I am trying to install jetson-inference building it from source from the github repository, do I also have to install jetson-utils from the other repo to use the functionality or does it get installed alongside jetson-inference?

Specifically, I am trying to reproduce the “image manipulation with cuda” section to try out the functions cudaOverlay, cudaDrawRect etc…

I can import jetson_utils from python but I cannot use any of these functions as it gives me an error stating they don’t exist…

I have followed the instructions to build from source on the xavier nx devkit with the latest jetpack

any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT:
it works if I import jetson.inference and then jetson_inference
no idea why …

Hi @usuario1333, jetson-utils automatically gets built/installed when you install jetson-inference, because it’s a submodule of jetson-inference (in the jetson-inference/utils directory)

Did you run sudo make install after compiling jetson-inference? I’m able to use the jetson_utils functions here with Python3, like your in your screenshot (but without the errors)

Hello dusty_nv,

thank you for your answer, I think I fixed it the problem was that there was another jetson.inference under /home/user/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/, now it is all correctly installed in /usr (after the sudo make install you mentioned) and everything works as intended in the tutorial (except the tutorial still makes reference to the old jetson.utils/jetson.inference but no big deal).

by the way, are you the same person that owns the repo? If you are amazing work man! and thanks for everything!

regards

OK yes, I have been meaning to update the documentation, sorry about that - in the meantime, the previous import jetson.inference way still works. Happy to help, and glad that you have found it useful!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.