Jetson-io.py

Hello, after I modify the jetson-io.py file, what should I do if I want to go back to the previous configuration? Now every boot requires manual entry of kernel options.Even after deleting the files generated under /boot/extlinux/, the kernel options remain the same.

Thank you!!

hello Yolomei,

there should be new LABEL created after you complete Jetson-IO.py, and you’re using boot options for select different labels.
you may revise the head of the extlinux.conf to change the timeout value and default label for confirmation.

This is my extlinux.conf file, do I need to remove the extra LABEL

TIMEOUT 30
DEFAULT JetsonIO

MENU TITLE L4T boot options

LABEL primary
      MENU LABEL primary kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image
      INITRD /boot/initrd
      APPEND ${cbootargs} quiet root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 isolcpus=(no "1-2")

LABEL secondary
      MENU LABEL secondary kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image.old
      INITRD /boot/initrd
      APPEND ${cbootargs} quiet root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootwait rootfstype=ext4 console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 isolcpus=(no "1-2")

# When testing a custom kernel, it is recommended that you create a backup of
# the original kernel and add a new entry to this file so that the device can
# fallback to the original kernel. To do this:
#
# 1, Make a backup of the original kernel
#      sudo cp /boot/Image /boot/Image.backup
#
# 2, Copy your custom kernel into /boot/Image
#
# 3, Uncomment below menu setting lines for the original kernel
#
# 4, Reboot

LABEL backup
    MENU LABEL backup kernel
    LINUX /boot/Image.backup
    INITRD /boot/initrd
    APPEND ${cbootargs}

LABEL JetsonIO
        MENU LABEL Custom 40-pin Header Config
        LINUX /boot/Image
        FDT /boot/kernel_tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base-user-custom.dtb
        INITRD /boot/initrd

Modify the above file as follows? In this case, can “1:primary kernel” be started by default?

TIMEOUT 30
DEFAULT JetsonIO

MENU TITLE L4T boot options

LABEL primary
      MENU LABEL primary kernel
      LINUX /boot/Image
      INITRD /boot/initrd

hello Yolomei,

as you can see, the default boot option has defined as JetsonIO, it loads this label if you’re not interrupt the boot options.

Ok, thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.