Jetson nano compile .cpp with external libraries in linux x86_64

Hello I am facing this problem.

Particularly I think this thing involve more operative systems / architecture than the jetson itselft, but any recommendation will be appreciated.

I have some hikvision net devices (dvr/nvr), which have some cameras conected. I was curious and I wanted to download videos and images from this net devices using a simple python script. This I already did, using the hikvision SDK in C. I download from hivision web page the SDK for linux 64bit (you can check this GitHub - YOHO-LAB/save-hikvision-record: save hikvision record files from nvr to local as is mostly t he same I use to download videos/images).

To perform the process (download video/image) you must use the compiled .cpp file (in link it’s mentioned how to compile and how to use), So I just add a python layer to manage some strings and then os.system(comand) to perform the cmd line to perform the action of download. This is ok for a normal linux x86_64 machine.

Then I change to a jetson nano, and the problem began. Since the SDK is compiled (.so files) when I try to compile in the jetson nano it give this message:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ./Cbuild/lib/libhcnetsdk.so when searching for -lhcnetsdk
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhcnetsdk
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ./Cbuild/lib/libHCCore.so when searching for -lHCCore
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lHCCore
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ./Cbuild/lib/libhpr.so when searching for -lhpr
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lhpr
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ./Cbuild/lib/HCNetSDKCom/libHCCoreDevCfg.so when searching for -lHCCoreDevCfg
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lHCCoreDevCfg
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

(note: Cbuils is a folder name only, so lib is the “lib” folder inside the unzipped file)

So for this I know it might not be able to compile, but then if I tried to send via ftp the compiled file in linux x86_64, it also do not execute:

Cbuild/CompiledFile: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

So now, is there a way to execute this type of files in jetson nano (aarch64)??

Maybe there is a way to cross-compile, or emulate.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Moving from NVML to the Jetson Nano forum.

Maybe consult with hikvision would get correct information.