Jetson Nano Dev Kit 4GB is not giving display in HDMI or DP

My Jetson Nano was working fine yesterday, I have shutdown it. Today when I start it and is not giving display in HDMI or DP port. I have tested it using serial port where it is giving display and running all commands. I ma here to ask if there is any way to fix this issue and restore it’s display on HDMI and DP using serial command ?

Hi usamamudassar49,

Are you using the devkit or custom board?

Did you do anything before shutdown?

Please provide the serial console log for further check.

I am using devkit

I was trying to install tensorflow

How to provide log from serial console? (kindly tell me command to check that)

You need a serial console cable to view uart log.

You could refer to the following instruction to setup for Jetson Nano devkit.
Jetson Nano Style - Serial Console - JetsonHacks

but I have connected it using windows (putty), in video he has connected using Ubuntu. Also The cable shown in video is not available. Instead type-A (micro USB cable) to establish a serial connection

Also ports shown in video is not available on board from which person has connected the device

Windows and Ubuntu are both available for serial console log.

For Windows, you could check your COM port number in device manager and use serial application(like Putty, MobaXterm…etc) to enable serial connection.

You have to use serial console cable connecting to the TXD/RXD/GND pins of the board. Micro USB port is used for flashing the board, not for serial console log.

there is no TXD, RXD port on the board,

there is only GND port

Is your board the same as the link I shared?
TXD/RXD/GND should be at the opposite side of your power/HDMI/DP port of the devkit.

I have seen it there is port inside it

I’m closing this topic due to there is no update from you for a period, assuming this issue was resolved.
If still need the support, please open a new topic. Thanks

Please help to provide the uart log after you setup serial console and also dmesg for further check.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.