Jetson Nano DLI Courses

Are the Jetson Nano DLI courses going to be updated? The videos reference things that no longer work.

8-Dale

Hi @HybridRobotics, the ‘Getting Started With AI on Jetson Nano’ DLI course should still run on Nano, using the nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.2-r32.7.1 container from NGC on JetPack 4.6 (or an older version of the container if you’re still running an older version of JetPack-L4T). Is there a particular issue that you’re having?

Hi,

The tutorial video shows a much older tag for the docker image. I fixed that.

Now, I get

docker: Error response from daemon: unauthorized: authentication required
which I do not understand. I am in the docker group.

My current run file:
docker run --runtime nvidia -it --rm --network host \ --volume -v /home/hybotics/NVIDIA_Deep-Learning-Institute/dli-data:/nvidia-dli-nano/data \ --device /dev/video0 \ nvcr.io/nvidia/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.2-r32.7.1

8-Dale

Do you get the same ‘authentication required’ error if you run sudo docker pull nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.2-r32.7.1 ?

If so, you may need to login to the nvcr.io registry. First, login to NGC and create an API key, as shown under the Get a New API Key for the NGC Registry section of this page: NGC Container Registry for DGX User Guide :: DGX Systems Documentation

Then run sudo docker login nvcr.io on your Jetson and enter the following credentials:

Username: $oauthtoken
Password: YOUR_NGC_API_KEY

Then try running sudo docker pull nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.2-r32.7.1 again.

I am logged into NGC with my API key as directed in the instructions.

Yes, I still get an error.

I got my API key and got logged into nvcr.io. Big progress! This entire procedure is not intuitive at all and needs to be simplified for people like me. I am not a corporate entity. I am just one guy with a dream, using now outdated NVIDIA hardware to build robots.

Now, I get:
docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for nvcr.io/nvidia/dli-nano-ai, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.

8-Dale

Sorry, I got my URLs confused between my first and second reply - can you try sudo docker pull nvcr.io/nvidia/dli/dli-nano-ai:v2.0.2-r32.7.1 instead? (note the /dli in there - corrected this above)

You should not actually need authentication to pull this container, and so I wonder if what actually happen is that we had the URL mixed up here.

It is working with the updated URL! Thank you, Dusty!

Now, I just have to figure out how to get my camera working.

8-Dale

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.