Jetson NANO does not finish initial configuration

Hi, I want to make a customized BSP for my NANO device, following the instruction at :
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide%2Fgetting_started.html%23

I use this command to create a SD image file:
#sudo tools/jetson-disk-image-creator.sh -o sd-blob.img -b jetson-nano -s 12G -r 200

Then used the Etcher flashed the image to a SD card.
The SD boots up the NANO successfully into graphic configuration page. After selected language, keyboard type, time zone and user name / password, the system ends up an empty, red ubuntu background desktop. No any icon shows on the desktop. I can move the mouse cursor but the system does not take any mouse input.

If I reboot the device, the system will go through the configuration steps again.

Any one can tell what happened and how to fix it?

Thanks,

–Stuart Xu

Hi,
Could you share what customization you’ve done?
Have you tried to use sdkmanager?

I only added a Linux EXTRAVERSION in kernel source Makefile as an identification of my modification. The practice is to learn of the BSP creation process.

diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
index df64ce6071e7…f8635b85b2c6 100644
— a/Makefile
+++ b/Makefile
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@ (foreach overlay,(KERNEL_OVERLAYS),(eval (value set_srctree_overlay)))
VERSION = 4
PATCHLEVEL = 9
SUBLEVEL = 140
-EXTRAVERSION =
+EXTRAVERSION = lmp
NAME = Roaring Lionus

# *DOCUMENTATION*

In the Forums, I noticed people uses “create-jetson-nano-sd-card-image.sh” to flash image to SD. I cannot find this script in the Linux_for_Tegra directory. In stead I have tools/jetson-disk-image-creator.sh.

I also tried to use sdkmanager to flash the OS to the device. But the sdkmanager put a different kernel on the device even though I copied the customized kernel Image to Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/.

Thanks,

–Stuart

Hi WayneWWW, I put more information in the post. Jetson NANO does not finish initial configuration

Could you please have a look and provide some help?
Thanks,

–Stuart

Resolved. All I need is to run the script in tools directory instead of in Linux_for_Tegra.