Jetson Nano Doesn't work after NVIDIA driver update

jatson nano won’t turn on after updating the video card driver. It gets stuck on the NVIDIA screen. please help

hello guray_ozgodek,

please share more details for reference,
for example,
which JetPack release you’re working with.
what’s the modification you’d done, what’s the steps you used to update the video card driver.

BTW,
you may setup serial console for gather the bootloader messages,
please share the logs for checking.
thanks

Actually I can not remember which JetPack release I’m working with.

Steps I used to update the video card driver are below:

sudo apt purge nvidia
sudo apt autoremove

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

ubuntu-drivers devices

sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

sudo reboot

After I run sudo reboot command, Jetson did not turn on(Still does not).

FYI, the video driver cannot be upgraded except by flashing with a new release. The driver for a Jetson is a special case since it is integrated directly to the memory controller. On the other hand, if a basic apt update/upgrade found a minor release change to the video driver, then that would be valid. You will probably want to state what command was run when this started.

hello guray_ozgodek,

there’s driver dependency; you should not using auto-remove and execute apt commands to upgrade video drivers.

BTW,
here’s commands you may used for checking release version, i.e. $ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
please also refer to JetPack Archive for the page to list each released JetPack also its l4t versions.

I am curious about this. Is there some particular package or packages known to cause problems when auto-remove is run?

hello linuxdev,

please note that you may click several blocks to select/deselect the packages within SDKManager;
we may ask @guray_ozgodek to share full messages of auto-remove to understand which packages had been removed.
thanks