Jetson Nano failed to boot and stuck in uboot

I really don’t know what to say.
I always used the “Flashing and Booting the target device” point of the documentation as a guideline and found that I did nothing wrong.
Now the sdkm worked, so I tried to find the differences in the terminal log of the sdkm.

So I found, that it did something I did not: apply_binaries.sh

So I did some research and finally found the source. I did not know that I had to setup the filesystem. It is described in the Linux_For_Tegra_Driver_Package documentation under the point “Setting up your file system” but under the point “Flashing and Booting the target device” there are prerequisites listed. There one reads:
“rootfs—the root file system that you download
This directory starts empty and you populate it with the sample file system.”
No word about some “apply_binaries.sh”. No word about the step in between.

A small note at this point would have really made things clear. “Look at step “setting up filesystem””
By the way, this point does not only belong to “Setting up your file system” where you list the command.
It concerns flashing too. If you have a filesystem, that was setup by apply_binaries.sh but a driver package that is not, the flashing won’t work either.

I have now seen, that this step is under Quick start guide in the documentation, too.

I admit that I should have found the error sooner. But when you don’t know what you are looking for, it is hard to find it.

Embarassing…

Could you change the name of the topic so someone who is as dumb as I am can later find the problem according to the topic name?

Yes, that was the point of questions 4 and 5.

1. When you apply the rootfs, what was your step?
  2. Actually, sdkm would also download one Linux_for_Tegra under your home directory. Have you tried that one with manual flash?

According to your log, this error seems related to missing rootfs or kernel in uboot and you said you are using the driver package + rootfs. It makes me suspect something might missing.

If you use the sdkm, then it already helped you apply binaries to rootfs so it could avoid such problem.

Anyways, glad you resolved this issue.