Jetson Nano HDMI no output Signal

It’s getting hard to track…too many threads. Some answer here:
[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1052789/jetson-nano/5v6a-power-supply-not-working/post/5344363/#5344363[/url]

@james.ee.developer: FYI, if it complains of invalid GPT partition, then the image was probably not created correctly. I’m not sure what to debug for that, but it should be a different thread. Whoever does answer will need to know how the SD image was installed and what the specific SD card is (e.g., size).

I think you may be confused. Urandom isn’t supposed to ever block. Random blocks.

https://www.2uo.de/myths-about-urandom

I believe it is just coincidence that urandom is the last thing seen. Notice it limits the message and says it occurred at a rate such that the message was suppressed from 7 warnings…the actual urandom did not block. What normally happens is that this is the last step before getty/agetty starts and begins the login process. The part which is really blocking or failing is the step right after urandom, not urandom itself. The urandom message is from a normal boot behaving as it should up until that moment. What fails is a matter of what occurs (or fails to occur) after urandom.

Now it is true that there are applications which can block if urandom doesn’t provide enough data, but getty/agetty is not one of those. In normal operation, right after the urandom message, and after getty/agetty service starts, one of the getty/agetty are replaced by X running a login manager as its argument. If getty/agetty fails, X won’t show up; if getty/agetty works, but something gets in the way of X or graphical interface, then the GUI login will still not show up. All of which is a sign that the system as a whole has otherwise booted correctly and has not failed (e.g., there is no kernel panic in the log).

So for the case of never getting any boot, then the power supply and hardware is what needs to be debugged; but for the case of some logging showing boot got to the urandom message, then video needs to be debugged. In neither case would urandom be related to the problem other than as a marker that this stage of boot was achieved and what follows is in question.

I faced the same issue with the HDMI-VGA converter. Finally jetson-nano worked with the monitor that have direct HDMI input.

@linuxdev

Thank you for replying and apologise for the late response.

Just as an update:

I contacted the website I bought the Jetson Nano recently and they assessed that it could be due to SD card contact issue. They have agreed send me a replacement.

I am waiting for the replacement.

Rdgs,
James

There was a problem for my system, It was unnecessarily rebooting or going to sleep mode.
It solved by changing the power supply.

I am having the same issue. I don’t have a desktop monitor so I used my flat-screen Sony TV , it has HDMI cable coming out of it, it did not display anything ,then I went to some local computer store they tried it on their own TV using an HDMI adapter ,it did not work either . The caps-lock ,num-lock etc works so I think the os is working. Hopefully the EDID thing explains it ,I will try to make it work on a desktop monitor or something if I get my hands on one .

Hello Guys,

I have the same issue, but I have noticed something that it may be the real cause of this problem (Hope that helps a bit to find a better solution)

It seems the 60FPS frame rate is the real cause of this issue, I am trying with 4k screen so when I connect the DP (Display Port) Cable (my screen supports DP) it works great, but when I use HDMI cable it fails,

as I read one of the comments saying they have tried it with a TV and it worked it seems this TV does not support 4k that is why it will fail to FHD i guess or to the maximum resolution supported by the Screen/TV/Monitor used.

While I am connected to 4K DP screen i reduced the resolution to FHD and saved everything then rebooted, at login phase it seems it returns to use the UHD 4k@60fps resolution then after login it will apply my changes to run at FHD but that didn’t help since at boot and login it will be 4K@60fps so it will fail.

now just to recap:

• at boot i noticed the Nvidia logo appears for a second or 2 maximum then it disappear and my screen starts turning on and off (which is normal when it gets a higher frame rate than it support through HDMI).

so for me the problem is the jetson defaults the frame rate of any connected screen to a 4K@60fps regardless to the maximum that the screen could run.

• it is not a cable issue since I am using the same exact cable on the same screen from my laptop and it works at 4K@30fps but with Jetson Nano it fails

what i expect is: if there is a way to set the default screen resolution to something lower than 4K at JetsonOS (or what ever used) or at least to cap the frame rate to 30FPS, then I guess it will work

This could also happen if the screen is FHD but does not support 60FPS and the Jetson assumed it supports 60FPS.

Any Ideas ?

1 Like

Hi ASUCKAR,

Please help to open a new topic for your issue.

Sure I will but, sorry I am very new to Nvidia Forums could you please let me know how to convert my reply to a new topic.? or should I post it as a new topic and keep it duplicated ?

Probably just start a new topic, and copy and paste from the one you started here.

I had the same problem on the 3rd Nano I bought… No HDMI output, but the thing seemed to be working. I could ssh into it as well as vnc, but nothing from the HDMI

Since this was the newest model, I downloaded the newest image from nvidea, but, I found that that new image gave me no HDMI on my older models as well

So I tried the oldest image I had on my newest model, and the HDMI worked

That’s obviously not a fix, but it should lead to a solution somehow

Hi spyder19,

Please help to open a new topic for your issue.